Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tina H
New Member!
Female 

09-09-2011, 06:34 PM

Dog poisoning -worthing/Lancing

‎***WORTHING AREA***WARNING ALL DOG WALKERS!!
Please repost. I have just been advised by Grove Lodge Vets that some
very sick individuals are placing meat laced with antifreeze around
local dog walking parks and Brooklands in particular so dog
owners/walkers please be aware. They have seen 5 dogs at the Vets with
the same problem so far.
Also Lancing Ring dew pond. Have also heard that whoever is doing this they are lacing the water, puddles etc. with it.
albert 1970
Dogsey Junior
Male 

09-09-2011, 06:40 PM
seems to be a lot of this going on atm.....grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 07:05 PM
Both Brooklands and The Dewpond used to be favourite dog walking spots of mine when I lived in Lancing.
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-09-2011, 10:02 PM
Dogs were being poisoned on a beach near to us few weeks back, police were warning owners to be very careful. Thankfully it's not one we use - horrific for those that lost their dogs
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 05:59 AM
OMG these are MY dog walking areas and strangely enough I was actually up at that dew pond with Lilypup last week in Lancing and went on an hour and a half walk all around the area I will warn everybody I know, so thanks a million for this.

I rang my vets only the other day to ask if there was any bug going around coz both my dogs have had diarrhea, but they said nothing is untoward at the moment only fleas and that was Grove Lodge!!!

Bladdy dispicable, we've had this before on the other side of Cissbury and 5 dogs died
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 06:44 AM
I heard about this too. Didnt know it was also happening at Lancing ring, we were going up there today so maybe shall give it a miss. I just cant fathom what makes people do something like this!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
I heard about this too. Didnt know it was also happening at Lancing ring, we were going up there today so maybe shall give it a miss. I just cant fathom what makes people do something like this!
Do you know any of the other local areas that are affected please Gerri? I don't do the busy dog walking ones, but of course, I'm up Cissbury every day? thanks! Worrying isn't it
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Do you know any of the other local areas that are affected please Gerri? I don't do the busy dog walking ones, but of course, I'm up Cissbury every day? thanks! Worrying isn't it
Oh H, its bloody scary! Don't know where else its supposed to be. Just read on another site that its a actually a hoax. Don't know what to believe. May be worth a call to Grove Lodge as that's who is supposed to have been putting the warning out!
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 01:04 PM
I find it strange that this warning is not on the Grove Lodge website if true and not in the local papers (according to my mother who lives in Lancing)?
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-09-2011, 01:10 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I find it strange that this warning is not on the Grove Lodge website if true and not in the local papers (according to my mother who lives in Lancing)?
Exactly. We've not had anything in our local paper, Im the other side of Worthing. If it is a hoax though, its a bloody sick one!!
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >