Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 06:59 AM

1st time at flyball

I'm so excited, I took little Skye to flyball for the 1st time yesterday and by the end of a couple of hours we were running in the 2nd team, she was just a natural!!! We started with trying to get them to turn on the box, then we sent them over 1 jump to get the ball from the box and worked back, so they were doing 4 jumps to get the ball and coming back all with netting up at the sides. Then the other beginner dogs left and I stayed to watch the dogs that had been doing it for a while. They then asked me to get Skye out again to try her running with another dog in another lane, she didn't even notice the other dog, then they got her to run and then another dog went 2nd doing a crossover with her, then the other dog went 1st, then Skye, no problems (all still with netting). Then they got her to run in the team as 4th dog without the netting and she did it. What a good girl she is. Now I've just got to juggle agility and working every other Saturday to fit in some flyball competitions!!!
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 07:25 AM
Well done to her xxxxxx

Our Skye and Bruce love flyball, especially Bruce who I swear was born to it
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 08:13 AM
So glad that Skye enjoyed
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Well done to her xxxxxx

Our Skye and Bruce love flyball, especially Bruce who I swear was born to it
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
So glad that Skye enjoyed
Thanks, I can't wait for 2 weeks time (they're at a comp next weekend) to have another go!!!
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 09:38 AM
Wow!! Sounds like an absolute natural. Shall look out for you at Crufts next year!!
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 09:45 AM
Aww cool, sounds like she picked it up really well
Ive never really fncied flyball but I will read with interest how you get on with it - hmm but I really dont need another hobby for the dogs do I???
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Wow!! Sounds like an absolute natural. Shall look out for you at Crufts next year!!
Thanks, don't think we'll be ready for Crufts next year, maybe the year after!!!

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Aww cool, sounds like she picked it up really well
Ive never really fncied flyball but I will read with interest how you get on with it - hmm but I really dont need another hobby for the dogs do I???
Thanks. I didn't really need another hobby either! Boomer's done Obedience and Agility. Bertie's done, Showing, Obedience, Agility, HTM, PAT dogsand had a go at clever dogs once. Teagan's done Obedience, HTM and Agility. Skye's done Obedience, HTM, had a go at Dock dogs and still does Agility, PAT dogs and now Flyball. And then little Star is just starting out with her training, she will be having a go at Obedience, Agility, Flyball and maybe be a PAT dog too. So I'm pretty busy with all the things I do with my dogs, then I work 3 days a week and also have 4 horses.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 09:57 AM
I would love to do flyball with Chase, he's ball obsessed and would do really well, but he's got a problem with dogs at the moment, so unfortunately its not something we can consider trying in the near future
TBBS
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 10:01 AM
Originally Posted by Lorna View Post
I would love to do flyball with Chase, he's ball obsessed and would do really well, but he's got a problem with dogs at the moment, so unfortunately its not something we can consider trying in the near future
I hope you can get Chase over his little problem with other dogs.
Lorna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally Posted by TBBS View Post
I hope you can get Chase over his little problem with other dogs.
Me too he's ok so long as the dogs don't approach him when he's off lead, then he gives a warning to send them off, but on lead he's just waaaay ott - unfortunately, most people who seem to live around here allow their off lead dogs to come up to him on or off lead.... just trying to keep encouraging him to be nice lol but thanks I, appreciate your good vibes
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >