Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 08:38 PM

A question for the Mushers

Do you have insurance or are you covered under the umbrella of your clubs, if not, is it public liability insurance you have to have or some other, Ive been enquiring over here in Ireland but not having much luck so far.
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2009, 10:30 PM
If you are a member of the SHCGB then you are covered (but I think they have to be Siberian Huskies you are running??)

If you are not a member you can get insurance from here http://www.nsdsc.org/Insurance.html (National Sled Dog Sports Centre) You have to become a member but its worth it for the insurance. You may have to check that you will be covered with it in Ireland.

Gemma
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 10:38 PM
Originally Posted by gemma riley View Post
If you are a member of the SHCGB then you are covered (but I think they have to be Siberian Huskies you are running??)
No - all members of the SHCGB are covered, not just those whose run Sibes. A lot of Mal people are covered by them - I know we are.
gemma riley
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-08-2009, 10:56 PM
Originally Posted by Greyhawk View Post
No - all members of the SHCGB are covered, not just those whose run Sibes. A lot of Mal people are covered by them - I know we are.
I wasnt sure hence the ??

I was just looking at the website to find something but cant find anything on the insurance.

Edited to add it says the "dogs" are insured so you would be covered
Greyhawk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 11:12 PM
I know our dogs are covered.

Sutty - you will need a minimum of 2 million 3rd party liability cover. Some places ask for 5 million but this is unecessary.
sutty
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 11:27 PM
Originally Posted by gemma riley View Post

If you are not a member you can get insurance from here http://www.nsdsc.org/Insurance.html (National Sled Dog Sports Centre) You have to become a member but its worth it for the insurance. You may have to check that you will be covered with it in Ireland.

Gemma
Thanyou, I looked at the link and it says they will cover outside of the UK for additional costs, might be worth getting in touch, thankyou too Greyhawk