Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 05:09 PM

The RSPCA fails another dog :-(

Heartbreakng ..

http://www.germanshepherdrescue.co.u...r-duties2.html

"Our fight to give Bruno a decent life has ended.....Bruno came into the rescues care a couple of weeks ago and during this time enjoyed a loving home where he was well fed, warm and spent the nights indoors in comfort, It had been obvious for sometime that Bruno was unwell and he underwent a thorough vet check when he went to his foster home, unfortunately Bruno took a turn for the worse and the very hard decision was made to put Bruno to sleep and end his suffering, he had been suffering with Lymphoma and Renal Failure.

18 months ago when this case was first bought to the RSPCA's attention had they taken action we may have been celebrating Brunos recovery, instead he spent the worst winter ever sleeping on hard concrete, chained up with no shelter and obviously suffering in silence ..............How can that be acceptable?

Please pass this message to as many people as you can so that justice can be done for Bruno all these animals which are suffering and dying while the RSPCA's coffers bulge even further with the donations that people are making under the illusion that they are saving animals lives!!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-08-2009, 05:16 PM
I remember reading about Bruno a while ago. I'm so sad that he's been PTS but he's free now. At least he had a tiny glimpse at what a warm home can be.

What is the point in the RSPCA if they do nothing in cases like these?

I was talking to a lady yesterday about her rescue dog, I didn't know her but you know how dogs get you talkig to strangers. Her daughter adopted a BC from the rspca and 2 weeks later went downstairs to discover 8 pups had been born. How on earth had no one noticed she was pregnant considering recues usually give their dog a full check up when they go in?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 05:42 PM
Thats so sad.

I often wonder whether these organisations really want to do anything. This isn't the first time I have read about a animal being failed.
I often wonder what a human would think if someone left them outside in the snow and cold.

I don't donate to the RSPCA even though years back I worked for them
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 05:44 PM
Sorry Kirsty, I did open the link but couldn't finish reading it.
So so sad
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 05:53 PM
So Sad

The R.S.P.C.A are a waste of space
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 05:56 PM
theres just no need, run free Bruno, forever warm an happy
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

20-08-2009, 06:03 PM
That is so sad and has made me feel awful for him My poor Max had lymphoma and he was pampered for the 8 weeks of his life he was able to cope with. It is awful that poor dog had to suffer when he was so ill.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 06:10 PM
They are a nightmare from both ends! They scrutinise everything we do and preach in a very over the top way about animal rights and yet look at this and all the other stories about them!

They should spend more time looking after the animals than trying to:

a) send out emotional blackmail begging for money, even to people who already donate!

b) stop trying to steal money from other constituencies (SSPCA!!), and

c) stop wasting time worry about other charities and what they are trying to achieve by picking apart every bit of research ever carried out.

They're view on pets in schools is way over the top in my opinion.
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 06:11 PM
That post makes no grammatical sense at all, but you get my point ;o)
louise81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2009, 06:31 PM
Oh dont get me started on them.Dont you find it strange how so many people have to speak about a so called animal welfare rescue[or whatever they call themselves]like this they are supposed to be helping needy animals.I found a starving kitten no older than 4 months old she was skin and bones i called the rspca they said they would send someone out to pick her up,so the officer arrives and says we have no room for her so we will be putting her to sleep.Of course i never handed her over i went with her to my private vet and paid out my own pocket to get her better.She was starving and riddled with fleas and worms and 4 of her claws were ripped with blood.I looked after her for 5 weeks and found her a loving home where she has grown into a lovely adult cat no thanks to the rspca.I am so sorry to hear about bruno but i hope you will try to help another in need.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >