Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 04:41 PM

I need to ring Parentline!

nevermind bl**dy childline!
2 daughters (15 & 17) came to blows last week, it was pathetic & over clothes pinching etc.. so I gets in the middle pushing them apart & copped full blows. I got a huge bruise on my right arm & that evening kept getting pains in my chest like I'd pulled something. Over the last week the pain has spread right under my arm to my back & yesterday it was so bad I couldn't change gear in the car without yelping in pain. Couldn't get a Dr appointment so hub took me to A & E today where we spent 2 hours waiting to be told I have cracked my rib & pulled muscle under my arm!
So got lots of nice pain killers now (still no help with the housework though!)

Not a sorry mum or anything so I want to report them for cruelty to mother - and if they decide to fight again, I'm staying well out of the way!
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 04:48 PM
Bless your heart. Hope you feel better soon and next time, let them throttle each other! Big hugs xx
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 04:51 PM
Oh no poor you ! You must have the patience of a saint cos i would of killed em, lol
I hope they are looking after you now!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 04:56 PM
Thankyou - haven't seen much of them since as one has gone to stay at her dads & the other at her boyfriends. I think they are arguing by text now!!They just turn up every few days with washing, which I've washed but no way am I ironing it!
Hubby's bought me chocolate & some magazines for tonight as he's working & told me to relax so I'm going to milk it for as long as possible! ( I think he feels guilty because he's watched me do loads of gardening & I haven't stop whinging about the pain!!)It really does hurt though when I laugh (though this isn't often!) cough, brush my hair & I can't throw the ball for Tilly so she's upset!!
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 05:25 PM
Having brought up 3 enormous boys I very soon learned that it`s best to keep your distance and hurl things.
Books are good. Dinner is not due to the cleaning factor.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 06:46 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Having brought up 3 enormous boys I very soon learned that it`s best to keep your distance and hurl things.
Books are good. Dinner is not due to the cleaning factor.
Mine wouldn't dare throw dinner (I don't think!) but I have been known to lob a dinner across the room in the past myself! I've even thrown a 3 drawer bedside cabinet across a room once (and it was full!) I think daughter was trying to trash her room by knocking the bin over - I was so wound up I said if your going to trash it do it properly & chucked it - no idea where I got the strength from & I'm not a violent person honest.
Boy do they wind me up though - it's comforting to know I'm not the only one with spawn of the devil
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 06:50 PM
I once threw a book so hard it made a hole in the wall. Unfortunately we were staying at a friends` house so I had to go and confess.
In mitigation - I wasn`t aiming at the child!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 06:56 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
I once threw a book so hard it made a hole in the wall. Unfortunately we were staying at a friends` house so I had to go and confess.
In mitigation - I wasn`t aiming at the child!

must have been a hardback!! We don't have many books here - only trashy magazines
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 07:00 PM
Oooooooo healing vibes coming your way xxxx
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-08-2009, 07:07 PM
I hope your daughters feel suitably ashamed of themselves, putting you in A&E.

Don't talk to me about daughters as mine is an only child she only has me to argue with, and she does! No violence though (other than verbal), she wouldn't dare!

I hope you feel better soon.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >