Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 08:37 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
You brought back some memories there hun.
I remember my two boys used to get into fights with each other....fists flying.
One time when they were 15 & 17, they had one upstairs as they dived at each other the stair bannister bust, just like one of those bloody cowboy films, I ran up, and by this time it had spilled into the spare bedroom, I grabbed both and smashed thier bloody heads together.....they still carried on, biting each other , blood everywhere, I grabbed a bog brush, I hit them with it....still carried on

finally I screamed ''right I'm smashing up all your stuff'' they stopped

I had to take them both to A&E, Gary had two broken fingers, several bites and a black eye.

Steven had a broken nose (thats where all the blood came from) and two black eyes.

What was is over.......Gary kept changing channel on Steven's TV

We had a few more, but now in thier 30's they are firm best mates

OMG!!! it's always over something stupid isn't it!
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 06:35 PM
want some really bad news. they get alot worse as they get older. trust me after the past few weeks of hell ive had with 2 of them. put it this way. ive been advised if they carry on i can have them arrested and done for harassment.
i just hope your kids are not as horrible as mine are.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 08:02 PM
well i can say(im 22 now) that i was an utter bitch to my mum, me and my brother used to fight no end and i was horrible to my mum- it did get better though when i was 16- but i do think this is because i moved to the other end of the country to go to college! lol
it will get better- its just the hormones!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-08-2009, 07:25 AM
Originally Posted by bens mum View Post
want some really bad news. they get alot worse as they get older. trust me after the past few weeks of hell ive had with 2 of them. put it this way. ive been advised if they carry on i can have them arrested and done for harassment.
i just hope your kids are not as horrible as mine are.

Sorry to hear that - hope you are ok? I do worry about when they are older, especially if drinking! One is 18 next week, the other is 16 in a few weeks, my son is 18 a few weeks after that (but he's a good boy ) & eldest is 21 (he's a good boy too!)
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

22-08-2009, 08:38 AM
If my kids had done that to me, I'd have put them through a wall...head first!

Hopefully they are too ashamed to apologise, and not that they simply don't care.
bens mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 07:17 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Sorry to hear that - hope you are ok? I do worry about when they are older, especially if drinking! One is 18 next week, the other is 16 in a few weeks, my son is 18 a few weeks after that (but he's a good boy ) & eldest is 21 (he's a good boy too!)
i feel alot better since ive been ignoring them.
im going to enjoy my life. and if they dont like it. then can bog off.
queeniefarie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-08-2009, 07:38 PM
Poor you x big hugsx my youngest daughter (7) rang childline once, because I made her go to bed at 7.30pm, all of her friends didn't have to be tucked up until 9pm, they told her to behave herself, she is the most wonderful of daughters now.
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 08:37 PM
Poor you TM!

I would definitely say that, as it's so painful for you to do anything, they can pick up where you have left off or all their precious stuff is going to the Oxfam shop.

And, tell them that if there's a repeat performance, you're going to call the police.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-08-2009, 08:43 PM
Take care TM, I've had broken ribs and over doing it, can only cause problems.........let someone/them take up the slack for abit
Donny dog
Dogsey Junior
Female 

24-08-2009, 06:40 PM
If only they came with a handbook eh? I have 5!! 23, 21, 19, and 2 at 16. Oh the rows!!! I take a pragmatic view that it's all part of them growing up, but how I'd feel if I got in the middle of the two younger ones??? They can be so awful to each other!

I work with teenagers too, so I think I can safely say that I need sectioning.

They'll be fine you know, and you'll end up nursing the emotional scars for longer than they will.

You take care of yourself and let them get on with it without you in the middle!!! In the meantime, I recommend a bottle of Pinot Grigio!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3