Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-08-2009, 06:34 PM
Originally Posted by louise81 View Post
Oh dont get me started on them.Dont you find it strange how so many people have to speak about a so called animal welfare rescue[or whatever they call themselves]like this they are supposed to be helping needy animals.I found a starving kitten no older than 4 months old she was skin and bones i called the rspca they said they would send someone out to pick her up,so the officer arrives and says we have no room for her so we will be putting her to sleep.Of course i never handed her over i went with her to my private vet and paid out my own pocket to get her better.She was starving and riddled with fleas and worms and 4 of her claws were ripped with blood.I looked after her for 5 weeks and found her a loving home where she has grown into a lovely adult cat no thanks to the rspca.I am so sorry to hear about bruno but i hope you will try to help another in need.
You're lovely! xx
louise81
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-08-2009, 06:51 PM
Ahhh thank you pidge,i try to help where i can.
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

20-08-2009, 08:46 PM
I didn't realise the RSPCA were so hated by people.

I still donate to them, but maybe I won't anymore!

My Benson came from the RSPCA, from what I've read from the previous posts, I'm almost certain he'd be dead now if I hadn't have taken him.

Does make me wonder how they didn't spot his vertebrae problem that is now costing me hundreds, potentially thousands of pounds. Maybe they did spot it but kept quiet so I would take him
gsdgirl:-)
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-08-2009, 10:43 AM
so so sad poor bruno. i dont know how anyone that goes into an animal inspector job can sleep at night having those poor dogs on their.."to do " list
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 04:05 PM
Oh my god. This is so sad. I hope they find the bitch and manage to get her rehomed. I wish someone decent enough would just take her, if possible!
Katie23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 06:11 PM
eugh the rspca are uselesss.....

i refuse to give to them and turn off the tv when an ad of theirs comes on (where does the money for this come from...?) could think of better ways to spend it...
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2009, 06:21 PM
Whilst i can understand some of the points raised about the RSPCA.
Please remember they do get animals out of some terrible situations as well.
I have assessed countless cases where the RSPCA have removed and brought charges to people invloved in dog fighting, neglect etc.
They may not get everything right, but at least they do get them out of the situation they are subjected to by their owners.
If it is to go on to a better life, that debatable i would hope some of the animals get the good home they deserve, which has got to be better than living in a world of neglect and pain, with no end in sight.
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-08-2009, 06:28 PM
OMG that's awful & my bubble has been burst - I always thought the RSPCA were wonderful.
I was talking to a worker the other day about all the dogs that come over from Ireland as ours did asking why? She told me that because we don't have many strays in the UK as the RSPCA has done such a great job in the last 20 years & that because they have plenty of funding they are able to recue dogs from Ireland & bring them here to be re homed because Ireland is about 20 years behind the times & there are many strays roaming the streets.
Meg
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

21-08-2009, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by leo View Post
Whilst i can understand some of the points raised about the RSPCA.
Please remember they do get animals out of some terrible situations as well.
I have assessed countless cases where the RSPCA have removed and brought charges to people invloved in dog fighting, neglect etc.
They may not get everything right, but at least they do get them out of the situation they are subjected to by their owners.
If it is to go on to a better life, that debatable i would hope some of the animals get the good home they deserve, which has got to be better than living in a world of neglect and pain, with no end in sight.
I agree with Marie yes the RSPCA do get things wrong and they are far from perfect, but I think if we look at things objectively a lot of good people work for the RSPCA and without them things would be a lot worse for many animals.

My dealings with the RSPCA have always been positive and proved helpful (I have reported people for suspected cruelty in the past).
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

21-08-2009, 07:14 PM
You only need to look on the net, a big case which has been through the courts recently, is the greys ( 120) horses, neglected, starving and the RSPCA are still trying to get most of these horses fit again over a year later,
they brough 12 counts of cruelty to 5 members of the same family, and won.
This is just 1 example that springs to mind, and believe me i have assessed all types of cruelty cases, not just relating to dogs.
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >