Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 07:55 PM

Nature Diet

I feed nature Diet and I noticed it has been smelling disgusting just lately, especially the chicken one which Milo has to have.
I threw a couple away when opening them as I thought they had gone off. But they are all like that and he is eating it ok with no apparent problems.
Some of the other flavours i add to Shadys like the lamb one is very stinky lately too.
Has anyone else noticed it or know why?
Bucksmum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2009, 07:59 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
I feed nature Diet and I noticed it has been smelling disgusting just lately, especially the chicken one which Milo has to have.
I threw a couple away when opening them as I thought they had gone off. But they are all like that and he is eating it ok with no apparent problems.
Some of the other flavours i add to Shadys like the lamb one is very stinky lately too.
Has anyone else noticed it or know why?
I don't feed it myself but have seen an almost identical post on another forum today re the chicken meal.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 08:11 PM
I feed it to one of my dogs, whom might I add is a very fussy boy!! He hasn't refused to eat the chicken one though he has today refused to eat both lamb flavour and the turkey and rabbit one It seems to me to smell ok but the top layer seems to be a different colour to when I slice into it
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 08:17 PM
ND have had production problems in the past with food going off. It's one of the reasons I stopped buying it.

I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole now.....
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 08:18 PM
Such a shame, they charge enough for it, is it that hard for them to get it right
AkitaHuskChi
New Member!
Male 

15-08-2009, 08:24 PM
I had this a few weeks back. So I no longer buy it now. They must be having some trouble as it used to be good.
tokiayla
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 08:35 PM
I had this about a month ago with the lamb one - I had bought a whole box - it was so off it was DISGUSTING!
I still buy it and have been buying it from Pets at Home and has been fine since - though sometimes the top layer is weird colour too.
Wonder if it has anything to do with the new packaging.
I never used to be able to open them by peeling the lid off, but I can these days?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2009, 08:43 PM
The more I think about it, the more annoyed I am becoming. I am sure it shouldn't have that strange coloured layer, but it does. It is now 77p a pack (where I usually get it from, Jolyes). If they can't offer the goods they should at least reduce the price. I do not mean the pet shop, I mean the manufacturer.

Oh, and I still have to use a knife to open the packet.
chaosjoey
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-08-2009, 09:44 PM
We feed both ours ND. I've noticed the funny coloured layer as well but no smell. We also still have to use a knife to open it! We've only ever had one box which was a month or so ago which "peeled" a dream!
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

15-08-2009, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by tokiayla View Post
I never used to be able to open them by peeling the lid off
Nor me, which is the main reason I quit using the flammin' stuff.

How hard can it be to make a peel-off lid that actually peels off? So annoying.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »