Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-08-2009, 02:23 PM
Originally Posted by andymt View Post
I was concentrating on the dogs
But I thought he fight between the humans started after the dogs had stopped.

I have to say If I was your girlfriend I would feel rather let down by your attitude of not getting involved

However it was what happened next that concerned me most. The owners of the bull terrier started shouting abusive comments at me and my girlfriend, accusing us of lack of control over our dog among other things. They swore continuously, became increasingly aggressive despite my attempts to ask for a proper conversation. They called my girlfriend a "f*****g c**t." My girlfriend didn't respond aggressively, but tried to talk to her. However, a fight between one of the owners of the bull terrier and my girlfriend commenced, because one of the owners slapped my girlfriend. There was slapping, biting and hair tugging involved. I
It sounds like it was half a dozen of one and six of the other to me... how was your girlfriend close enough to get slapped... by the other woman in the first place.

I have to say if me or mine got attacked for no reason, I would have been straight to the police.

Maybe you should have walked away the moment you retrieved your dog and saw this was escalating into something more violent. instead of just standing by and watching the outcome of an unpleasant fight between to woman.
Stokey
Dogsey Junior
Male 

12-08-2009, 05:32 PM
I was knocked down and badly bitten by a GSD as a child but i never held it against the breed in fact one of the dogs we had that I was close,est to was our Hollie a GSD. Just a thought.
Hammer
Dogsey Senior
Male 

12-08-2009, 05:34 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I'm not sure if I'd report to the Police though unless I had details of independent witnesses
I'd agree with this, my reasons being that the police probably wouldn't (or maybe even couldn't) do anything without witnesses.

And these two people are clearly thugs, so maybe having the police involved may provoke more attacks on you, your girlfriend, your dog or even your possessions.
viktory
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-08-2009, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by andymt View Post
I was concentrating on the dogs
Sod the bleeding dogs! Your girlfriend, who you are supposed to love, was getting beaten up and you stood by and watched. Thankfully, my husband would never stand by and watch.

I have done a quick straw poll of friends/family and work colleagues - all would step in and defend their loved ones.

Keep your dog on a lead to avoid further trouble.
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3