Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2010, 12:56 PM
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
When our late English setter started to go off 'normal' dog food and also refused her raw diet, I started home cooking for her, fish and rice, chicken and pasta, minces and potato etc etc.. the vet said to spoil her and she ate everything then..
Totally agree with this. I doubt she has much of an appetite so it won`t hurt to treat her a bit.
gyalis_star
Dogsey Junior
Male 

31-05-2010, 01:06 PM
Iam not sure what you can do due to your dogs heart disease but what I've done in the past is give cookie a nice long exercise to build up her hunger and then mixed her dry dog food with bits of chicken rice and bisto gravey. I then put less and less gravy and chicken and started adding back the regular wet food I still some times give her extra gravy tho
juliet42
Dogsey Junior
Female 

31-05-2010, 01:32 PM
Vet has advised against too much activity due to her heart condition, and she can't go out at all walking when the sun is hot. Short stroll to the end of the road and back morning and evening is all that she can manage now.

I am now going to use potato, chicken, pasta, mince and veg for her meals, all home prepared, at least I know she will eat this.
juliet42
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-06-2010, 07:54 AM
Quick update - thought I had a break through when I gave her a sample pack of Burns chicken and brown rice wet food yesterday, she wolfed it down. Today though she wasn't so keen, so back to the home prepared again I suppose.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2