Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:35 PM

Tip has a new home (update at post 19)

Such mixed feelings.

We dropped Tip off at his new home today. His new owner, David, is a retired but active guy and Tip will have his attention pretty much 24/7.

David has had beardies all his life, losing his last at age 14 years a couple of months ago. Tip took to him and his granddaughters immediately (which he rarely does). He wasn't so keen on the girls' beardie, Guiness, so that might be a sticking point - Guiness spends quite a bit of time at Davids, so if they don't settle, Tip will be coming back here.

I so wanted to keep him, but I knew that was just being selfish. Hoki really didn't like him being here - he was too obsessed with her and was always in her face everywhere she went. This in turn caused her to be grumpy and then she'd take it out on Stumpy.

Feeling very low when we'd dropped Tip off, I took the girls for a walk which I think is just what I needed to make me appreciate that I was doing the right thing. Hoki had a whale of a time - she was running around like a pup and her good mood seemed to rub off on Stumpy who started doing zoomies and generally just making me laugh.

So, those two won't miss Tip, but I will. David has promised to phone us regularly with an update and we will see his friend regularly at agility to hear how he is getting on.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:38 PM
Awww, I can imagine how you feel Fiona but it sounds as if this is the best thing all round...everyone is happy except poor you, hopefully by seeing the change in Hoki and then Stumpy it will help you over the sadness in time. xx
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:45 PM
Aww...poor you...its so hard when they have been with you for any length of time. I'm sure you made the right desicsion, and you can keep contact - well done you for going with your head.
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:54 PM
aw,
Tip will be fine i'm sure.i now how it feels though,ive often had animals through work,that even though you should stay impartial but you dont,theres something in them that you see that sneeks through 'that barrier' and they hold that special place.Tip will move on,although,he will never forget you,and vice versa, but Hoki and Stumpy are your priorities and i know You know that.
(((hugs to you)))
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:55 PM
sounds like it was an incredibly difficult decision hun
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-08-2009, 08:57 PM
Awww Fiona, I know you have done the right thing but so very hard for you, he's such a lovely dog, i'd have had him in a heartbeat if I could have, I hope you update us too when you hear about him. I'm glad the girls feel better already. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 06:04 AM
A tough decision, Fiona, but I'm sure it's the right one for all of you.

Hugs, darling x0x0x
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 06:41 AM
Aw Fiona I was sad and happy to read that sending you loads of hugs but what a wonderful person you are putting your dogs before your own feelings (but then we knew you were like that) I am so pleased I got to have the pleasure of meeting Tip and it makes me treasure that day even more now. Keep us updated too and hope Hoki and Stumpy keep you laughing xxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 06:56 AM
As you know, I think you have been amazing and totally selfless in this. Without you Tip wouldn't have been suitable for this home, you have taught him how to be a pet and how to settle in a house, invaluable skills. Well done you and have another HUGE hug xxx
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2009, 07:23 AM
Well, I think you have done your best for Tip. You gave him a loving home, but sometimes these things just don't work out hun. Don't beat yourself up it's for the best. And Tip will have a lovely life with his new owners and I'm sure he wlll soon settle into his new life.

these things happen Fiona, Tip will be fine. and you can always keep in touch to see how he is doing can't you?.
Chin up hun xx

Elaine xx
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >