View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bon
Almost a Veteran

20-05-2004, 10:41 AM

Mind Games Dogs Play With Humans

After your humans give you a bath, DON'T LET THEM TOWEL DRY YOU! Instead, run to their bed, jump up and shake dry then rub yourself on the sheets. This is especially good if it's right before your humans bedtime.

Act like a convicted criminal. When the humans come home, put your ears back, tail between your legs, chin down and act as if you have done something really bad. Then, watch as the humans frantically search the house for the damage they think you have caused. (Note: This only works when you have done absolutely nothing wrong.)

Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then when the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about.

Make your humans be patient. When you go out sniff around the entire yard as your humans wait. Act as if the perfect spot will ultimately decide the fate of the earth.

Draw attention to the human. When out for a walk always pick the busiest, most visible spot to take care of business. Take your time and make sure everyone watches. This works particularly well if your human has forgotten to bring a plastic bag.

When out for a walk, alternate between choking and coughing every time a strange human walks by.

Make your own rules. Don't always bring back the stick when playing fetch with the humans. Make them go and chase it once in a while.

Hide from your humans. When your humans come home, don't greet them at the door. Instead, hide from them, and make them think something terrible has happened to you. (Don't reappear until one of your humans is panic-stricken and close to tears).

When your human calls you to come back in, always take your time. Walk as slowly as possible back to the door.

Wake up twenty minutes before the alarm clock is set to go off and make the humans take you out for your morning walk. As soon as you get back inside, fall asleep. (Humans can rarely fall back asleep after going outside, this will drive them nuts!)
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2004, 10:43 AM
That could have been written especially for Star
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2004, 11:01 AM
Have your dog been talking to my Luna?

Jeanette
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2004, 11:14 AM
She must have
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-05-2004, 11:19 AM
Darn it. I thought I had told her not to use the phone when I'm not home!

Jeanette
Bon
Almost a Veteran

20-05-2004, 12:01 PM
Let the humans teach you a brand new trick. Learn it perfectly. Then when the humans try to demonstrate it to someone else, stare blankly back at the humans. Pretend you have no idea what they're talking about
Zoi does this to me all the time. I taught her to show her teeth when I said smile and i was so proud of myself. I went to show a friend the new trick and nothing happened LOL.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

20-05-2004, 12:21 PM
Lol mad isn't it? DO u rekon one day someone will make some gadget to 'translate' dog language? so we'll be able to communicate properly with our pets? imagine that, "hey come her Rocky" he replies "no you come here you lazy sod" ! lol freaky!
Bon
Almost a Veteran

20-05-2004, 12:29 PM
LOL Azz, I don't think I would want to know what Zoi is thinking about me some days.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

20-05-2004, 12:31 PM
loL! nah it would be good! imagine all those lonely people out there, hey we could even do away with humans full stop! lol
moo
Dogsey Senior

20-05-2004, 12:36 PM
i often know what Mia thinks about me, she gives such evil looks when she doesnt get her own way and i'm sure if she had fingers i would be getting the 'finger' every hour of the day
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >