Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 09:48 AM

Diagnosis = Pyoderma

You didn't all think we could get through a week without another Loki-related health issue did you?

We thought Loki might have hit his head when he was having his fits so we treated with salt water & tcp. But the scar/lesions spread so it was back to the vets and they reckon it's pyoderma. So with a small tube of antibiotic/steroid cream replacing the £34 our lad now has a shaven head.

Can this come about from flea bites?

Tune in soon, Loki is aiming to really go for it, health-wise, this year.

Just glad it isn't mange.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Poor Loki, he has certainly been through the mill.

Shaza has been having a problem with Ozzie and this...there is quite a bit under her threads.

I found this website for her that explains abit about it and what can cause it...from this it appears that it is possible that he did knock his head and that the hyoderma set in as a result of this.
http://www.isabellevets.co.uk/health...yodermadog.htm

Hope Loki recovers quickly
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Aw thanks for that! He does look a bit sorry for himself.
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Awww...bless his heart. Big wags and licks from Cassie xx
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Oh boy, can't believe he has this Poor lad (and poor you too )

Hope he feels better soon xxx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, bet you can't believe this Lucky!!! Poor little Loki, he's certainly having his fair share of c**p this past year isn't he!

If you need any advice/help with this, don't forget I'm an expert on this subject having had Georgie for 2 years now! I expect you've been given a tube of Fuciderm perhaps??? I know hundreds of fixes to keep this at bay, so if you get stuck, just ask ok! All the best, he just doesn't deserve this after what he's been through, nor you come to that! xx
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 09:05 PM
Poor lad, sorry to read this, what a time he has had sending hugs x
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2007, 09:09 PM
Thanks everyone .

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh dear, oh dear, oh dear, bet you can't believe this Lucky!!! Poor little Loki, he's certainly having his fair share of c**p this past year isn't he!

If you need any advice/help with this, don't forget I'm an expert on this subject having had Georgie for 2 years now! I expect you've been given a tube of Fuciderm perhaps??? I know hundreds of fixes to keep this at bay, so if you get stuck, just ask ok! All the best, he just doesn't deserve this after what he's been through, nor you come to that! xx
Thanks Helen. Oh yeah, Loki certainly seems to be going through it. He's a bit down in himself but better than the last few days. Yep - you guessed it; Fuciderm ! Thanks for the offer - I will be knocking on your door if it doesn't clear up! Only thing I was worried about was the Fuciderm leaflet mentions a risk of Cushings ... I presume that's long-term use?
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-03-2007, 09:44 PM
give the vets a ring lucky........... hope hes better soon and things are on the up for you both.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2007, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
Only thing I was worried about was the Fuciderm leaflet mentions a risk of Cushings ... I presume that's long-term use?
I expect that's just them covering themselves Lucky, maybe ONE person out of thousands perhaps has had this problem with their dog after using the stuff so they have to protect themselves by putting it on the leaflet that it's an outside possibility?

Georgie has been plastered in the stuff for 7 years now and it's not caused a problem yet! The vet once told me to slap a load in his ear, like half a tube, coz he was scratching it so badly!! Please, please remember though YOU MUST WEAR GLOVES when you put it on!!! It's not good for you to absorb it through your skin!! I get those cheap boxes of latex gloves which you can just throw away, it might be an idea now for you, especially with the baby around?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >