Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 09:59 AM

Slow PC

Any tips as since returning home, my pc is so very slow. I have run all the normal checks, done a defrag, but still it is running slow and keeps freezing.

I have a few pictures stored but according to the space used on the hard drive it is using very little space.

Any other suggestions please.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

26-02-2008, 11:15 AM
The most likely reason is that your registry has become corrupt and your system is essentially running in circles with its internal processing.

The second most common problem is that you have too many programs running behind the scenes. In this case, we're not talking about the programs you know about that are running at the bottom of your task bar, such as Outlook Express or your internet browser window. But behind the scenes, there can be literally hundreds of programs of various sizes running in the background. These are eating up your computer's available processing capacity and can bring your system to a literal stand still.

The common symptoms of a computer experiencing registry problems are.
Extremely slow internet issues including pages taking a long time to load, or files taking a long time to download.
It takes a really long time for your laptop to boot up when you first turn it on.
Programs and websites that used to work fine now keep malfunctioning.
You have started to receive a lot of error messages
Your laptop crashes with no real reason.
Programs stop responding
Your computer laptop freezes and has to be manually rebooted.

So all that is need after all that is a good registry scanner
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-02-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks Marie x Will pm you now I have managed to get on and stay on even though still very slow
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 09:17 PM
Pc finally gave up the ghost !! so having another built!!

So on oh's at the moment, which is quick but screen so much smaller than mine. I was going to swap over screens as mine is huge, but hoping i will have new pc next week!!!!