Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-11-2012, 04:04 PM

Dogsey Charity Calendar 2013 Info

Hi Everyone!

Guess what? I have managed to twist the arms of our friends at the Canny Company... and they have agreed to sponsor our 2013 Charity Calendar

We discussed various options, and settled on something which I think you will really like...

A free Canny Collar (worth £17.49!) to the first 80 members buying a calendar!!!

Don't need one? No problem - you can simply have yours donated to a dog Rescue (either the one we decide on together, or whichever one you might choose yourself - totally up to you).

How cool is that?

The Dogsey Charity Calendar - where YOUR dog gets a chance to feature in it!

We've got 72 photo slots in the Calendar - so we get as many of your dogs in it as possible all you need to do is submit three photos of your dog/s, 1st, 2nd and 3rd choice and our aim is to include everyone's first choice

Here's how it will work:
  • Anyone who'd like to be a part of it submits 3 of their favourite photos. First choice, second choice, third choice. We'll try to include everyone's first choice - the other two are there as backups, if we need to fill slots etc
  • And then for each month we will include 6 photos, either as a montage or stacked 3 side by side (or anything else we can think of depending on how many are set for inclusion)
  • That gives us 72 slots, so we can include up to 72 member's photos/dogs
  • If less than 72 people are interested, we can drop down to say 4 photos per month, or start using up people's second and third choices.
  • If more than 72 people want to participate then maybe we can include more in some of the montages or add some to the cover - but we'll cross that bridge if we come to it

The only catch is if you want to participate and get your photo included you promise to buy one - we can't be fairer than that

How much will a calendar cost?

We aim to price them between £8 to £10 and obviously the more we sell the cheaper we can get them and the more can then go to charity. All proceeds will go to a charity that all Dogsey members get to decide - with a bonus vote for anyone who buys a calendar.

How will the free Canny Collars be given out?

The first 80 members buying a calendar will get a free Canny Collar, that's simple enough. But what if we don't get 80 customers?

In that case people buying a 2nd calendar get an additional Canny Collar (or choose which rescue they would like it to go to). Then if there are any left after that, they will go to people buying a 3rd calendar, and so on and so fourth.

The idea is that we try to include as many people as possible, and also going by the first 80 buyers, as opposed to the first 80 sales helps prevent people registering just to buy a large number of calendars just because it works out almost half the price of buying a Canny Collar - and so I think the above will help make sure everything remains fair and is not subject to abuse.

To thank our friends at the Canny Company, we will proudly add their logo on the front cover of the Calendar as our Sponsor and to avoid delay your Canny Collar will be sent directly by them.

Ok brilliant! How do I submit my photos?

Please send your three photos to cal2013@dogsey.com and:
  1. Please send the original 'large' size of your photo - as this will help ensure a better print quality
  2. Please include your username
  3. Please mention which photos are your 1st, 2nd, 3rd choice
  4. Please include the names of the dogs in each photo (probably won't be able to mention the names anywhere but just in case we can find a spot to include them )

And then post in this thread to say you have sent in your photos - I will then acknowledge they have (and add you to the list) or let you know if we haven't received them.

So what you waiting for!?

We have plenty of spaces left, so if you haven't submitted your photos or put your name down yet, jump to it

Also, feel free to tell your friends - if they were thinking about getting a Canny Collar anyway, they could get one this way at almost half the cost, a Dogsey calendar, and end up helping a charity in the process.

What do you think guys? I'm really excited to have one of our oldest supporters on board, in a way where you guys get something, rescues get something, and of course our chosen charity gets a better chance of getting a bigger donation! Win for everyone!

----------------------------------

List of those taking part so far:

FivedogPam
Jackbox - photos received
Annestaff - photos received
Malka - photos received
Tessabelle - photos received
Jenny.g - photos received
Minihaha - photos received
Polarbear2008 - photos received
Mastines33 - photos received
Azz - photos received
Bailey's Blind - photos received
Milk Maid - photos received
Rossi roo - photos received
Helena - photos received
jeagibear - photos received
Phil - photos received
Carole - photos received
Tomethelurcher - photos received
Jacsicle - photos received
JamieWilson - photos received
Nikki123 - photos received
ozbound - photos received
katygeorge - photos received
Luckyy15 - photos received
kammi_sparky123 - photos received
iloveruby - photos received

---------------------------------------------

Info about old Calender:

As some of you may know, a few of our members (Pidge, Esmed and Insomnia) ran a community organised Dogsey Calendar last year which was a great success, £266 was raised for charity The guys were set to do the same again this year

However, for a number of reasons we had to cancel the one that was already in planning... but, we feel the new idea will actually better serve our needs, because we will be able to include much more of you!!

The previous calendar idea was based on photos that got voted for inclusion, and this started towards the beginning of the year. But this has ended up with photos from just 30 or so members for the whole 12 months - even though we could have accommodated photos from 48 members (4 photos per month). Also, some of these members haven't actually logged on in months either.

So with the new calendar we'll be able to include up to 72 of you and your photos (6 photos per month) and (if it's a success) we'll do the same every year around this time - because that will ensure those that get involved are the ones most likely to want one

Please don't use this thread to discuss the old calendar, as time is short we'd rather keep it focused on only those who are interested in the new one. Thank you!
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 04:46 PM
I'm up for it, Azz.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2012, 04:49 PM
Sounds good, will get looking

Where do we post pics
Ben Mcfuzzylugs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Sad to hear that - the ladies worked hard all year - and finally I got my two in it after trying for 2 years
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-11-2012, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Fivedogpam View Post
I'm up for it, Azz.
Great

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Sounds good, will get looking

Where do we post pics
I've set up a new email address where you can send the photos (I'll add this to the post above in a mo) if possible please send the original 'large' files, as that will ensure better quality prints

Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
...and finally I got my two in it after trying for 2 years
That's what I really like about this version - we're able to include photos from more people
coventrycatfish
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2012, 05:51 PM
Would love to take part, but don't have a digital camera and for some reason am not able to load pictures taken on OH's mobile onto PC.

Maybe next year (I've promised myself a new mobile, mine is about ten years old).
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-11-2012, 06:16 PM
Whoo hoo that was quick - the first set of photos are in

Originally Posted by coventrycatfish View Post
Would love to take part, but don't have a digital camera and for some reason am not able to load pictures taken on OH's mobile onto PC.

Maybe next year (I've promised myself a new mobile, mine is about ten years old).
You'll have to ask Santa for new phone or camera this year
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-11-2012, 06:17 PM
Great idea

Pictures sent
JulieSS
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2012, 06:42 PM
Aww that's a shame, I was excited to see my picture there.

Good luck with the new one, hopefully it will be a success and also less work .
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-11-2012, 06:47 PM
Originally Posted by Annestaff View Post
Great idea

Pictures sent
Awesome

Originally Posted by JulieSS View Post
Aww that's a shame, I was excited to see my picture there.

Good luck with the new one, hopefully it will be a success and also less work .
The beauty is your picture can still be in it - and more people also get a chance to have theirs included too so you can simply resubmit resubmit yours
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »