View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:17 PM
[QUOTE=lexijojohnson;2094966]He hasmany toys and things to keep occupied. We've had many dogs and no problems leaving them during normal work hours. This one is just particularly destructive! Lunchtime stops are not possible[/QUOTE]

so you are leaving a 7month dog all day for 8 hours and no toilet breaks and company?...what do you expect the poor pup to do...
hows about hiring a dog walker? or rehoming the poor pup and considering getting a dog when u are able to give it the time it needs?

sorry if it sounds harsh.
lexijojohnson
New Member!
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:26 PM
we DO play with him and his toys, and go for walks and do the dog park almost every day. however, our dog park is not open before we have to go to work, and due to the recent time change in the US, is closed at dark, too, which is 430pm now, here. so, we're barely able to get there before they close.
lexijojohnson
New Member!
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:28 PM
tupacs - so is the idea that only people who don't work full time should have a dog? I guess things are run much differently in the UK
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:29 PM
Originally Posted by lexijojohnson View Post
we DO play with him and his toys, and go for walks and do the dog park almost every day. however, our dog park is not open before we have to go to work, and due to the recent time change in the US, is closed at dark, too, which is 430pm now, here. so, we're barely able to get there before they close.
so no walks before or after work,8 hours locked in alone your lucky all he is doing is scratching walls imo

ps...why does it have to be a 'dogpark'?
lexijojohnson
New Member!
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:33 PM
who said no walks before or after work? I said that we DO. you also may want to work on grammar and using "you're", instead of "your"
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2010, 12:37 PM
you just said you leave toys in referance to leaving him home alone 8 hrs per day.
i was talking about this.
just because you leave toys laying around doesnt suddenly mean you dont have a young bored dog. it doesnt work like that.

you dont need a dog par, you just need a lead and collar and the neighbourhood
mix in some training as well.

you post looks like it is saying you own a puppy that is left for 8 hrs each day....is this 8 hrs plus or including your travel time, btw?....and which doesnt get walked before or after work on a regular basis?

if that is so, the answers are simple and obvious.

what about hiring a dog walker to help fill the gaps?

im not into grammer nazis myself.
grammer is over-rated anyway.
if poetic licence with grammer was good enough for the great novels of george bernard shaw, its good enough for a casual old web forum
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 12:41 PM
who said no walks before or after work? I said that we DO. you also may want to work on grammar and using "you're", instead of "your"
oh dear,cheap shot ... this is a forum for dogs not for teaching english language

...yes people go to work... but leaving a 7 month puppy without company or a break for 8 hours imo is not on..then moaning about it scratching walls..what did you expect?
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

18-11-2010, 12:42 PM
tupacs - so is the idea that only people who don't work full time should have a dog? I guess things are run much differently in the UK
you guess correctly

as i said earlier, this isnt really a cultural norm over here, most people try and work round the working all day and having a dog thing.

most people in the UK would read your posts and just think its no surprise under the circumstances.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2