Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 09:50 AM

does your dog tell you to go to bed?

so late evening usually sees lily sprawled out on my lap fast asleep. for the last 3 or 4 nights at around 10.30pm she has asked to go out and when i return to the sofa, she goes to her bed. she will then look reproachfully at me as if to say, 'mum, turn that blooming tv off and go to bed!' i then continue to get dirty looks and puppy yawns until i finally do leave her in peace!

anyone else have a pup that does this?
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Bless her, she's a smart cookie.

I tend to go upstairs at 10pm most nights to get stuff ready for work the next day etc. and then go to bed. Hoki & Stumpy always come up with me and do seem most put out if I stay up later for any reason...sometimes Hoki will go up at 10pm even if I don't, but then she usually comes back down again and huffs at me
hectorsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 10:11 AM
10.30 every night Hector will stand in front of me licking his lips.
thats the kew for biscuits and bed.

if they are up past 12 they start getting hyper and i have to put them to bed.

who say's dogs dont know????
BoxerPups
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2009, 10:19 AM
Yes.....Kaizer and Oz sit by their dedicated cupboard when they are ready for bed.....they wait for biscuits and then go to bed whether I do or not.

This routine was developed by Oz (5 months)...he knows what he wants...Haha!!
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 10:26 AM
i'm glad to see that lily isn't the only one here! i just find it amazing that at 12 and a half weeks she already knows what she wants!

boxerpups: lily learnt very quickly which cupboard the goodies come from. i think i may have to change things around cos at the moment her food is kept in the larder and everytime she hears the door go, she flys into the kitchen and sits, waiting for something yummy! obviously the larder gets used a lot so poor lily is often left empty pawed!
collies4ever
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-07-2009, 10:40 AM
Buster will sit right in front of the tv at around 11.30pm and just stare at it until we turn it off then he runs through to his bed and lays down. It is amazing how they have a built in clock and how they tell us things.
kobebear
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 11:08 AM
Kobe takes himself off to bed around 8.30pm but we get him up to go out before we go to bed and he then sits by the treat drawer until he gets a treat and then goes back to bed, Honey waits until we go to bed, she thinks she missing out on something otherwise, occasionally she follows kobe up to bed and they snuggle up on our bed ahhh
kazer
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 12:43 PM
Hi

Our whippet Jack would take himself out for a wee at about 9pm and then go upstairs to bed. If we didn't go up soon enough for him, he would come down and stand in front and then run back upstairs, as if he was saying come on!

Robbie and Lady haven't got a routine as such like that yet but when we go to bed, they come up straightaway and settle down on the bed they choose for themself. One on one side of our bed and one on the other.

Karen
angied
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-07-2009, 01:22 PM
yep all my 4 look at me at 9/9.30 to say chuck us out then we can have ourbiscuit then bed! wo be tide me if im 1/2 late!
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Bryan usually goes up to his bed upstairs at about 8pm, but if I'm still up at 10pm he comes running down the stairs, stands in front of me and looks at me as if to say 'Come on, it's bedtime now!'
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >