Female 

09-11-2012, 07:02 PM
Food guarding can be done for the TV and still make good viewing
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 07:07 PM
Originally Posted by Rottie boy. View Post
Lucky star. I agree with everything you say on that. It wasn't necessary and very badly done. I can also take my boys food without any problems, as like you I worked with him as a pup.
Isn't it lovely when you can do that? I remember a friend's dog when I was growing up who was really possessive of its bed.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

09-11-2012, 07:10 PM
Originally Posted by Ben Mcfuzzylugs View Post
Agreed - great example too
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 07:18 PM
So much nicer to watch.
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2012, 07:35 PM
I dont think emotive things should never be brought up - but at the same time I dont think that just because I say I really hate one tv celebs methods it means I am calling other people cruel, I am not talking about you or anyone elses methods - I am talking about CM's methods - I find them - and the man - cruel

I think the problem is you are seeing the end point here, for many years each of us has been fightiung alone against a loud majority of CM lovers - and trust me I have had all sorts of abuse chucked at me for suggesting that CM is not the most amazing thing on earth
Also a big problem is the worst bits of what we see him doing I see as abuse - and I will always when I can speak out very strongly against abuse, so for me I find it really difficult to try and find good in someone who is abusing animals because many people believe his methods are correct, even if they look wrong to them - they assume because he is on tv and some things make sense then he must be a total expert with more knowladge and understanding than them - so they believe without question and do cruel things to their dogs even tho it sits badly with them
Yes many on here have the sense to cherry pick bits - but others do not
So I cannot see the good in him because its the good bits that suck some people in to blindly follow him - because if x bit was correct then he must know his stuff
Sometimes people in general need the wee child to stand up and say the emperor is naked
(actually a good analogy - get a child to watch CM and they will become upset and ask why the man is hurting the dogs)
lovely point B.
Specially like that last paragraph.
He actually uses the " Innocence of kids" to explain how grown ups get it wrong, and how Kids make it so much easier. I think he would have been better at sorting Humans out. He does seem to get a lot of the stressed or emotional type owners, to work with. He maybe, gives those people, the power to "Control Dogs" then that makes them feel better?? maybe he should have been a human "psycologist" rather than work with Dogs. He could "Prod and Dig" humans instead!
Ps. Wouldn't there be an uproar, if that happened???
jeagibear
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

09-11-2012, 08:40 PM
I had never really watched VS before. Now i have watched her a number of times... i am Very Impressed.
Shane
Dogsey Senior
Male 

09-11-2012, 10:59 PM
As for the "kicking" clips, I think there will always be some disagreement because, Is he "Kicking" or is he "nudging" with his foot?
It's an area of debate but I can see why people don't like it and I'm not saying I agree with it, I'm just saying it's not clear cut and people will have different views.

As for the second clip of Holly, It's not something I've seen before and it's truly quite shocking that somebody would try to tame a food guarding dog by fighting it!

I learnt a method many years ago as a child how to teach a dog to accept you removing the food bowl. This involves placing one bit of food in the bowl at a time then taking the bowl and adding another, over and over again until the dog wants you to take the bowl because it means more food. Simples
muddymoodymoo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-11-2012, 11:15 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
i like her too. she hasnt done a new series for ages.
There's been a new series recently on Animal Planet.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-11-2012, 11:41 PM
The only good thing about Cesar Milan is that there is only one of him.........
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-11-2012, 07:43 AM
Originally Posted by Lucky Star View Post
So much nicer to watch.
I agree LS. I think too that its' sometimes said that more reward based methods can be boring to watch, but I don't necessarily agree.

I think if it is done right, it can be fascinating and even exciting

Wys
x
Page 8 of 12 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 > Last »