Our sister sites
Our sister sites
liz & kiesha
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-07-2009, 10:28 PM

Do you ever get over it?

Today we seen a (Lia lookalike)
For those that dont know, Lia was my wee collie x. I had her for 14 magical years. Never in my life had i felt pain like the pain i felt when she passed, the dogs i have now have certainly helped ease that pain but there will never be another Lia. Today brought it all back just as sore as the day i lost her, this dog looked her spitting image and you don't often see that in a cross.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2009, 10:38 PM
2 years after I lost my first dog I was eating an orange...and turned around to share it with her.

I don't think the pain leaves you when you loose someone close, odd memories will suddenly bring it back, but in time it becomes easier to remember the good stuff, as opposed to the end, which is how it should be in my mind. I would never want to forget, but part of life has to be the realisation that animals cannot be with us forever, we just have to make the time good
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 08:25 AM
i know ill never for get , my bessey . she was the best thing ,that ever happened ,with out her ,we wouldnt have .had the two we got now .im the same .if im driveing .along and see a black and white collie (same looks the same ) it sets me off .all the memories come flooding back . it just shows what a impact they have on your life . i think people who ,share there lives with animals .learn so many new things from them ,the hardest lesson of all ,is trying to get over them passing . especial if ,you are faced with haveing to put them to sleep . that guilty feeling ,the look in there eyes ,just befor . how can you forget that . sometimes i still call willow bessey (not that willow and dylan , mean just as much to me . i love them all )plus the ones that will turn up in the future
so the ansew is no you dont ever . its another one of ,lifes hard lessons
cava14una
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-07-2009, 11:52 AM
I don't think you ever get over it but can feel differently maybe

I lost my special boy Braid 8 years ago at 3.

Braid was my once in a lifetime dog bought as a working Beardie his mum obviously new the local BC well He had prick ears which a couple of BC people said they would buy from me and a stumpy tail that stuck up like a rudder. He's my avatar
I thought he was just perfect and broke my heart when he died but time moves on and thankfully I smile when I think off him now.

BUT 3 weeks ago my friend and I went for a walk taking my 2 and 3 of hers. Being Beardies they were running back and
forward so sometimes behind sometimes in front.
My Cava is brown but Zymi is black and white like Braid, my friend has 2 slate and one black and white but she's very much smaller than Zymi. I was looking round counting heads when suddenly this prick eared black and white face appeared behind Cava!!! Just for a minute my heart stopped then I realised it was a BC joining us from behind but there was just that heartbeat when all my dreams came true

What I find hardest to take in is he would of been 11 if he'd lived in my mind he's still that mad youngster wanting to do something now Mum

Sorry I think it's the chest infection getting to me......
logan44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-07-2009, 10:56 PM
I don,t think you ever forget or get over your loss but the pain gets easier over time , My last dog i lost suddenly and it was a real shock this was my baby Lucca

random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-07-2009, 11:21 PM
No I don't think you do, you just learn how to manage the loss and cope better as the time passes.
Mese
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2009, 12:10 AM
When we lost our darling Buddy (he was 15 yrs old when he passed) I was devastated , I couldnt stop crying and thought I never would , but I did of course ... as with any bereavement the pain faded , and slowly the tears disappeared and smiles took their place as I remembered

I still have a good cry now and then , i'll always miss him ... and hope I always will til the day I meet him again far in the future
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2009, 02:07 AM
NO. We put Jake to sleep in 1986. I still miss him and keep speculating about finding some of his hair and sending it for DNA analysis. He was a mix we never had much idea of what.

I went berry picking last Friday, the first time in 5 years without Aster. We put her down last fall at 15. It was tough.
MissE
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2009, 06:17 AM
I think you learn to cope.
Spotty died at 18, so I can tell myself she had a good long life with us where she was greatly loved. Sometimes I see jacks who are nearly but not quite the same in looks but now after saying "aah similar to Spotty" I remember the good times I had with Spot. She's been gone 3 years now. Yet she's not gone at all. As someone once said to me, she'll walk forever beside me "on silent paws"
Pippin
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2009, 07:56 PM
I would say no , i still hurt and burst in tears now and then when no one is looking. Pippin was with me 17 years and left a huge hole and Meghan-Rose was my pal and work mate for 13years. Loosing them both in the same year was hard but i dont think i ever want to forget the majick that went with living with them. It might hurt but it was all worth it..
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >