Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2007, 12:46 PM

15 - 18 August 1969

Today, the postman brought me a trip back in time, to three days of peace and music - the grandaddy of all festivals - WOODSTOCK!

This DVD contains over 3 hours (216 minutes) of history, including the classic Jimi Hendrix rendition of "Star-spangled Banner", and The Who playing large chunks of "Tommy".

There are probably a lot of Dogsey members who weren't even born then, but to them I say "See this film - it's what good music used to be. Virtually no-one can match it now!"

Interesting to remember that it rained, setting the stage for all music festivals . Woodstock-goers blamed the "fascist police" for seeding the clouds overhead!

Incidentally, Snoopy's little yellow pal (Peanuts cartoons) was named after the festival :smt002

Snorri
Tori
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 01:24 PM
I wasn't even born then but have heard so much about Woodstock would loved to have experienced music in the sixties and seventies some classics that you would never see again.Hmm never knew about the snoopy fact intresting