Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 04:26 PM
well...

I think no one is better than Captain Beefheart and Frank Zappa - which is why my rattery is called Bongo Fury! I love jazz - real jazz - ronnie scott, henry lowther, dick pearce, spike robinson etc etc - and have pleayed with a lot of these people! I am a jazz drummer - and play a lot of gigs with a lot of famous jazzers - so very privelidged!

I love blues, howlin wolf and john lee hooker are my heroes - and i love metal too - i love foo fighters, almost all grunge, a perfect circle and Amen...

i love 60s counterculture music...

and i';ve even started taking to weird niche pop ike blog 27... LOL

xx

eta - oooo... and i LOVE the Manic Street Preachers and the Super Furry animals... seen them live more times than i can remember lol!

xx
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-03-2006, 08:16 AM
im the same..in my mid teens n my music collection mainly consists of stuff like: Black Sabbath, Ozzy Osbourne, Eric Clapton, Cream, Led Zeppelin, ACDC, Deep Purple, Stevie nicks, Alice Cooper, The Ramones, The Beatles, The Eurythmics, Shakespears sister, Motorhead, Dianna Ross, and theres loads more..just cant think of them at this time at the morning!
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-03-2006, 08:43 AM
Been getting into some of the old punk stuff recently, although I'm slightly too young to have been there 1st time around. A few of my friends at school called themselves punks, but I was more into what directly followed.

I don't think I would have got the point of punk when I was in my early teens, but I do now. i.e. do it your way and two fingers to anyone that thinks they know better sort of thing. Kinda fits in with my view on life anyway. Ooooh, that was philosophical!
Cassiepeia
New Member!
Female 

02-03-2006, 12:45 PM
Am I the only one who doesn't think Bon Jovi or George Michael are old? LOL When I think old I think of music from anything earlier than 1980.
I'm 28.
I also have a very eclectic taste in music. I like everything from Christina Aguilera, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Robbie Williams, John Butler Trio, Spook, Beyoncé, Snoop Dogg, Metallica & Madonna to Dusty Springfield (LOVE Dusty!! ), Creedence Clearwater Revival, Janis Joplin & Classical piano.
The only genre I really don't like is Country. And I'm extremely picky when it comes to Rap & Metal. 'Cause some of it just plain sucks.

Cass.
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-03-2006, 01:02 PM
lol, i'm nineteen and like all the oldies - sinatra, dianna ross, simply red, genesis, phil collins etc. (was raised on it) also like Bon Jovi, Kelly Clarkeson and random songs from more modern groups - I also have a thing about country music by people like Blain Larsen and Jamie O'Neal.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-03-2006, 06:37 PM
hmmm im a HUGE music fan and listen to a very wide range of old and new. Well i dont just listen im sad to say most of my money is spent on sheet music, tabs etc etc lol
jakey
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-03-2006, 06:46 PM
34 now! Although i am into bands like The Decemberists, Death Cab for Cutie and Pedro the lion now, i am, and always have been, a mad Carpenters fan. It sounds reallly bad now but when i was at school (long time ago) i had an eating disorder and i thought Karen Carpenter was so cool because she had one too ... god how impressionable we were at that age. I mean, obviously she died from it, which kind of helped me so i did realise it was stupid but i still really like her voice. It is so haunting.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2