Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kimbles
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 01:00 PM

**young ones liking older music??**

hi all

well im 24, 25 next friday but i love older music ie, michael bolton, phil collins, george michael, lionel richie

simply because i was brought up with it im sitting here listening to michael bolton "said i loved you bit i lied" just love him and his music so was wondering are there many of you who enjoy music from a different era so to speak??
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 01:23 PM
ooh what it is to be that young again i wish i love listening to anything really but i do like to listen to alot of the rock and roll era now thats what i call nice music you can understand the words its not like todays music where its all the same beat i think im showing my age yer
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 02:12 PM
Well, I love all kinds of music, but my favourite is definately Motown. I don't and I can't dance but I love the old style dancing, oh how I would love to jive! I often think I should of been born 10 years earlier, but I suppose my mother's influence rubbed off on me when I was growing up. I have to endure my teenagers head banging stuff also! Do any of you remember 8 Track ? What's an I pod ? I think Andy from X Factor took some beating when he sang that shivering Nat King Cole "Unforgettable" So...I'm an oldie that likes my mothers era! I suppose 50 cent are OK !!!!!!!!!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 02:52 PM
I love all kinds of music

My music collection is VERY eclectic..

Earth Wind and Fire, Disturbed, Hallucinogen, Eva Cassidy, Metallica, Bee Gees, Foo Fighters, Gate Crasher, a few mike and the mechanics tracks, Blues Bro' Soundtrack, System of A Down, Alice Cooper, Queen, ABBA......

To name a few..!

(and I'm also 24)

I like pretty much everything (except Jazz - was raised on it..!)
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 02:57 PM
Yeah, i love the old stuff! I have a friend who has the exact taste in music as i do which helps and we both tend to have old rock stuff (Bon Jovi, Alice Cooper, Eagles) in our cars... And i have to admit to knowing the words to most of the 80's cheesy songs

Oooh, and im 21 by the way
Stewart
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-02-2006, 03:00 PM
When i was 14 i was into the beach boys and 50's american rock'n'roll especially the legend Buddy Holly
i also liked the 80's music i was brought up on (it was 1987 when i was 14)
alexandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 03:32 PM
see , i like glenn miller and sinatra and all sorts of swing music but also like chilli peppers and eminem etc....im 23

Alex
xx
Kerrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 03:33 PM
im a big eric clapton fan(hides in shame)
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 04:59 PM
i am 26 and i am a huge Def Leppard fan,i have a logo tattooed across my ankle i love all rock,europe acdc toto etc i listen to stuff from the 60's 70's and stuff from the present day when i was at school i used get ribbed something wicked for my taste in music.my dad was in a band when i was growing up so every weekend we would go to his gigs with him and they played stuff from the 60's onwards so i guess thats where my musical influence was (oh memories )
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-02-2006, 05:27 PM
im 30 and love neil diamond , dr hook , don williams !! but i also like the ministry of sound , so i like allsorts oh and the carpenters but they make me cry
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >