Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2016, 06:59 AM

Daily Thread, Monday, April 4

Good Morning everyone,

Seems I missed some good telly last night but I went to bed early and was soon fast asleep. Until around 1am then I am awake again! I really shouldn't go to bed so early but I am burnt out early my whole clock is out of sync.

June, hope you are not rained in again today. I hope your back is a bit better too. Mandy hope you are ok now on your tramadol, they are good but then I never wanted to come off them. Have not had the pain relief as good since I did.

Not so nice out there this morning believe we too are in for some rain, some heavy according to the forecast. So there will be no ride out on Blue today. But must get Amber out before it does rain.

I hope all under the weather are feeling better especially our four legged friends.

Have a good day everyone, stay warm and dry and above all safe and well. That mini heatwave didn't happen then! God bless.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2016, 07:48 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow. Weather a bit dull here today.
Would a nanny nap help Moyra then maybe go to bed a bit later ?

Hope everyone and all four legged friends are well today.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2016, 08:36 AM
Heavy overnight by the looks of it, dry now. Will get girls out onto the field for a run round with their various balls, Mabs is on day 18, and she looks like she is coming out of season now, Kesh on day 11, so still got to keep an eye on her. I'm still hoping for a miracle and the electric people to finish their mending and go elsewhere,then I have the river back for these times
Quiet night with the girls, only found Lona out once and then Cariad, went back to bed and that was that. Still in pain today, but I knew doing the nets and the cupboards would have painful consequences,but they are done now
So pleased to hear the Tramadol is working for you, Mandy. Hope yesterday was a lovely birthday for you.
Moyra, try a nanny nap as Lynn suggests it does stop the feeling you could sleep on a clothes line. I will be tucked up myself this afternoon once I've had the girls out and done my jobs. Definitely stops the pain from getting too bad.
TV was good last night, you'll have to settle yourself down in front of the telly for a catch up As you say No Heatwave
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Well, we have a little sunshine, not hot enough for just a Tshirt though, we have had a bit of rain and i suspect the field will be like a bog again....will get the dogs out early this afternoon so they can dry off before we go to school tonight...party tonight as well, so lots of games for the dogs.
Moyra, there was a program on before about older age and lack of sleep...it is something to do with melatonin, they showed people what to do and all of them ended up getting a normal body clock back...it was very interesting. As the other have said, try a bit of a sleep for a couple of hours this afternoon and see if that helps
Do you know, in spain you just buy tramadol, trot off into the chemist and buy it over the counter! we used to get it for Diez as it was a heck of a lot cheaper than buying with a vet prescription
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2016, 10:46 AM
Good morning

As suggested Moyra a nanny nap this afternoon and a couple of hours later to bed may help rest your body clock.

Sorry you are in pain June but as you said you expected it but at least your cupboards and nets are done. Hope runs go well and no numpties to annoy you.

Pleased your pain is under control Mandy

Hope Dillon leg and paws are now ok Lynn. Enjoy your last day with Gorden but it is only a short week.

Hope you get the dogs out and back not to muddy Griff and enjoy training tonight.

Was sunny earlier on. Teazle walked and towels hung out. Now spitting so have brought them in and hung them over the radiators. Just finished 2 hours stripping Teazle - she looks like a new dog I was really surprised this time at the good undercoat she has got - it has only taken 6 years to achieve as until now it has not been good and I have had to be careful when stripping not to take out what was there!

Have a good day and stay safe.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

04-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Nice quiet walk today, saw that bloke whose house backs onto the field(the one who's dog killed the papillon)let his staffy out to do what it needs to (I am sick of reporting him now) he stands at the back door - sometimes not even that - and watches it. Was right at the back of the football field and could see the dog clearly, had hold of Keshi's line because she is of interest shall we say. Mabs is off the boil now I think. It didn't come our way though and then vanished so must have gone back in. Think Keshi's is approaching boiling point as she had Mabs in a corner when we got back,first of all she got Zen in the garden, then moved onto Mabs, if that is the case then we are on a downward slope soon and we can go decent walks again
How did you get Tramadol from Spain, Griff, send off for it. Thats amazing, so much for EU regs eh, only the British follow them, but I knew that already.
Glad to be in and sat down, having a butty and brew,watch a bit of telly. Take painkillers, then sort the girls and yard out, before going to wash my hair and have a nanny nap before their teatime, by tomorrow I should be less in pain, have a couple of easy days.
Sue do you fancy coming over and sorting Kesh and Zen out, don't know how they do it, but always got matts in their coats,I think they sit up all night making them
Hi LG did you enjoy your little holiday, hope the electicians did a good job and left the place tidy as per your request
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

04-04-2016, 11:55 AM
Good day everyone, please forgive my recent non-appearance as following my return from Wales I have been rather busy. Although I have had several thorough late night catch-ups to keep me abreast of the dogsey happenings. Postings seem to be a fair bit down at the moment and some nights have been particularly quiet, do hope it is only a passing hiccup as I get a fair bit of enjoyment from reading of everyone's exploits.
Oddly, it seems to have dropped off somewhat folowing the re-jigging of the site, just hope it can return to it's former glories! lol !
Looks like it's to be a day of walkies for Griff and June and a fair bit of terrier floof to be hoovered up at Sue's, meanwhile hope that Moyra gets a wee nap to help her get back on form.
See you all next time I get a moment to myself, take care of yourselves and as always, bye fer now.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2016, 12:20 PM
TW, mum and dad used to buy loads of it when they went on holiday to spain
Pleased your walk was uneventful, disgusting that man just lets his dog just foul everywhere
Hiya LG.....lovely to see you again. Pleased you managed to escape from wales Lol
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2016, 12:54 PM
Afternoon all, my mum always used to get the decent painkillers in Corallejo before she lived there. I I wish we were a bit more like it or stop prescriptions being so expensive!
Glad your walk was quiet today, Took Rosie out that was really quiet too, not sure why cos it was nice out, going dark now, stormy like.
Oh heck it's now started thundering, Rosie not happy never said anything on weather only about the rain
Hope you getting your nanny nap Moyra,
Going to get some lunch now before I go to work
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-04-2016, 12:56 PM
Mandy, if you are going to be having regular prescriptions and require more than one thing a month then get a prepaid cert, you can do it by monthly direct debit, mine cost me £10.40 a month at the moment...though prescription charges have just gone up i think
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >