Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Avani
Dogsey Junior
Female 

25-01-2011, 11:52 AM

BARF supplier contacts?

Hi, Does anyone have any contacts for BARF / Meat / Bone suppliers. I want to try an alternative to my usual two. Just becasue one of them is quite deer and the other has only had 1 type of mince for a while. I want to be able to place a monthly order and be able to have access to a variety of meat / bones all in one place.

I have emailed The DogFood Company twice now asking whether they deliver to my area (Nottingham) and they havent replied. The looked quite good though.

Anybody else got any recommendations?

I currently use DAF and Greig Farm Organics.

Thanks,
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 12:14 PM
theres landywoods, berriewoods.. there is also natural instinct but it depends what youre looking for
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 12:29 PM
I use the Mobile Dog Food Company - not sure if that's who you were referring to in your post?

If not, I recommend them. I've always had swift responses from them and they do a good range of minces as well as meat chunks, bones and various other items.
Elaine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 02:56 PM
I use the Dog Food Company and I am really surprised Scott hasn't replied to you.

http://www.thedogfoodcompany.co.uk/products.html

Maybe it might be an idea to check the email address.
I also use Hayley at Lincs Pet food

http://lincspets.co.uk/default.aspx

I find both really good.
tracypj
New Member!
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:44 PM
Hi,

We feed our dogs things we can easily buy from the butcher or the offal section of the supermarket. For example they will have:

Chicken wings - butcher or supermarket
Lamb/pigs/ox heart - supermarket
Mince - butcher or supermarket
Breast of lamb - butcher
Lamb ribs - butcher or supermarket
Chicken carcasses - farmer's mkt or one that I've got left over when I've jointed it

We also give them tinned fish such as tuna or sardines mixed with oats, or mixed veg, and pasta with beans.

I've never used a supplier for the BARF diet, and it might be worth looking at what your local butcher can do

Tracy x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:51 PM
The Dogfood Company is a bit of a one-man band so it can mean waiting a little while for a reply to your email. Perhaps try phoning? Worth it though, my two are doing fab on the food and it's great value (which I imagine is very much to do with the low overheads by not having a dedicated phoneline, staff to respond to emails 24/7, fancy website, etc.). If it's of any help, OH and I are considering moving to the Notts area and asked Scott if he'd consider delivering to us and he said he would consider it if it was a big enough order. I have a large chest freezer (bargain off Ebay, £30) which fits about £100 worth of food in so if you could buy in bulk or get other locals to order, he may well deliver. I know he was planning to invest in a couple more vans to try to expand the business nationwide but not sure what the timeline of that was. You never know, I may be up in the area and needing a new job next year, I may see if I can become a distributer for him
Wozzy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 04:56 PM
I've emailed DFC as well as phoned in the past about a delivery of rabbits and all I got back was a single email and then when I went to actually place the order I couldnt get in touch.

I've used Berriewoods now and i'm happy with them so far.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-01-2011, 05:46 PM
http://www.tpms.co.uk

Never let us down in about 10yrs.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

25-01-2011, 06:06 PM
I've never had a problem with the dog food company responding, he can take a while but he's really busy and no doubt things get forgotten sometimes, if he hasn't responded I'd just email him again.
As for placing orders I email them to the order email address and mark it as a new order, he always responds quickly to the order email and usually delivers pretty quickly once the order is placed, although I'm always flexible about deliveries so he can do it when he's in the area so never wait until I'm getting too low on food. I also have a big chest freezer and two uprights specifically for the dogs and I'm currently feeding 7 dogs so my orders are quite large. He also phones me on the day to let me know roughly when he'll arrive. My dealing with him have all been good so it's well worth persisting with him.