Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Misty-Pup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 08:10 PM

'Can I borrow your ID?'

In a nutshell, no you blooming can't!

Someone I know just messaged me on a certain site,asking what I'm doing tonight, can she borrow my id!

Why would I give out my driving license or passport to someone who intends to go out and blind drunk!?! I've seen the state she gets in when she's drinking!!

I waited till I was 18 before I went out, so she can too, although she'll probably find someone else's to borrow!

Sorry, a pointless post, but I'm annoyed she asked, we don't even know each other that well, she's the girlfriend of someone OH's works with and we've only spent a handful of times together!
alexgirl73
Almost a Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 08:21 PM
blimey, well that's a bit of a cheek!! I'd never have in my wildest dreams have thought of asking to borrow someone elses id when I was a teenager. Some folk...
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-01-2012, 08:33 PM
Definitely best never to lend your passport/driving licence to anyone, friend or not.
Many years ago and unbeknown to us while our older son was at sixth form boarding school, our younger son borrowed his passport to 'prove' he was 18 (he was 17). Our younger son's jacket (containing his brother's passport) was then stolen from the pub and the toe-rag of a thief was then arrested for some misdemeanour. We then received a phone call from the police at about 11.30pm to say they had arrested our older son. As you can imagine we were horrified as he was supposedly 100's of miles away at school. We soon got to the bottom of it and explained that our younger son had 'borrowed his brother's coat which must have contained the passport etc etc ...... oooh what a lie ..... but we were just so relieved it wasn't our son under arrest and that he was still at school, but some thief. Fortunately my younger son got his jacket back containing his brother's passport. Our older son to this day still doesn't know what happened There is a moral there that our younger son has learnt - don't borrow things without permission!!!!!