Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

31-10-2010, 03:30 PM

'Women don't like sex'?

You might have seen the latest brouhaha about a comment Stephen Fry apparently made in an interview (which he says was misquoted in the original article then misquoted again in the paper) but anyway, I don't want to concentrate on what Stephan Fry did or didn't say because it raises, in my opinion, a valid discussion:

Do most women, not like sex?

As many of you will know, I have been a long-standing advocate of women's rights - and one of the things that really bugs me (and is related to this topic) is how a woman is a 'slag' if she sleeps around and a man is a 'stud' if he does the same!!!

So my theory is (and I guess Fry thought the same) is that it's not that women don't like sex, but that years of social conditioning has conspired to make it a negative thing - which in turn effects human behaviour. So while the net result may be in less women having many sexual partners - it's not actually the true, natural default (we just gotta look at the animal kingdom to see what's really the case! lol).

Do you agree with my theory? Disagree? Sorry if it's a sensitive topic - but it has often bugged me and the opportunity never arose until now to bring it up
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 04:05 PM
I think women "like" sex it just isn't so important to them as it is to men.
For most women it is not necessary to have sex with everything on legs.
Maybe this is to do with the fact that it is the woman that is left with the consequences (pregnancy) of having sex and the hard work after (looking after the off sping)
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 04:26 PM
Think I agree with all that But a rare juicey steak and a glass of good brandy is better anyway
honeysmummy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 06:06 PM
ooh never thought I would see the word "sex" on Dogsey

I think its rubbish to say women dont like sex. I have met some men who say they can easily live without it and some women who cant!! I think it is totally individual, although, granted, it is more unusual to find a celibate man.

And btw what does Steven fry know about women, lol
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 06:13 PM
Azz - if your woman doesn`t like sex, you`re not doing it right.
I wouldn`t think there are many women for whom a one night stand is particularly satisfying though. I think we`re hard-wired to insist on the young man`s name and address at least.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2010, 06:18 PM
From what I can gather he said women don't like sex as much as men, for women it's the price they pay for having a relationship. Personally I thought that was ironing and listening to his snoring and sex whenever I felt like it was something of a perk, but what do I know.
As for the comment about cruising areas for straight people and hanging about in cemetries trying to get my rocks off I think he's a bit deranged, gay men don't have to behave in that way, they choose to and mostly straight women choose not to.
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Well I can only speak for myself but I am 36 years old and have only had 2 sexual partners, one of whom is my Hubby. I have never had a one night stand and to be honest I shudder at the thought of being intimate with someone I hardly know!

I could quite happily live without sex, don't get me wrong, I do enjoy it but to be honest after a day looking after the children etc by the evening all I want to do is sleep and sex is just such a hassle!

Yes I guess I have a pretty low sex drive but to me it is a very special thing to be shared with someone you deeply care about not some animal act with a stranger that you don't even remember the next day. Maybe my views are a little old fashioned but what ever happened to romance and having enough self respect to not sleep around?
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2010, 06:25 PM
Originally Posted by Trouble View Post
From what I can gather he said women don't like sex as much as men, for women it's the price they pay for having a relationship.
ahhh.
Um... how does Steven Fry know?
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

31-10-2010, 06:29 PM
He doesn't know but that's never stopped anyone giving an opinion in the past.
He seems to have overlooked a few things too, he thinks if women liked sex as much as men they'd all be cavorting with strangers on Hampstead heath, he appears to have given no thought to womens vulnerability when shagging a stranger in the park. While most women are not adverse to al fresco frolicking mostly they would prefer it to be with someone they love and trust.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-10-2010, 07:11 PM
what years of social conditioning?

sex viewed as a negative thing ceased to be the case about 40 yrs ago.

weve had womens lib and the sexual revolution since then

im not buying it. its just an ideological construct with no connection to real life.
im not even sure the notion has anything to do with feminism, tbh.

the theory kind of implies women are a different species.
basically we are all human, sex is an instinct, like food.
as a species we enjoy it.

however, individuals may not like sex, or morelike, have psychological issues with sex.
just as they do food.

never heard about the stephen fry thing myself.

im not into 'womens rights', im not into 'mens rights', im just into fairness.
ideology is charlatanism.
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »