View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2016, 09:03 PM
June - My understanding is that a if a dog kills livestock which is the property of another person (whether on a public footpath or not) then they are responsible for the dog's actions and must make fiscal restitution.
I also suspect that if the dog was on lead a charge of criminal damage would be fortcoming. If the dog was off lead then this would constitute a ccontravention of the DD Act. Failure to control or some such! This last sentence is presumptive on my part as I don't have a copy of the Act.
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 09:11 PM
So really this guy putting geese on a public footpath is looking for trouble and the poor person walking their dog is the one likely to bear the brunt of his planning, plus the dog could pay the ultimate price. I know if I had two of my girls with me and they were confronted by some geese, there would only be one outcome. I make sure we never get into that type of situation of course. But if someone with poultry decided to make it so I had to pass them and the poultry were not kept secure but allowed to run around, and I had no prior knowledge that this was going to happen, then I would be up the creek without a paddle and the girls could lose their lives because of it.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2016, 09:12 PM
As stated in another post, I think by June, the man is just a bully and one of these who thinks laws and statutes do not apply to him (he is in his own mind far too important).
As far as purchasing a property so obviously unsuited to his tastes and requirements, with public footpaths etc. This just indicates an idiot!
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 09:15 PM
Yes it is Griff's chemo day, and I was a bit concerned about her post, as its very unlike her unless something is wrong. Hoping she's OK and a bit down in the dumps
I bet the guy is so far up his own backside he thinks he can re-route where and what he wants as he has 'rights'. Everyone is concerned about their rights these days, but no one bothers about their responsibilities
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 09:18 PM
From what he has said on the village forum I do believe he has been given bad advice by who whoever sold him the property and friends possibly and know it alls in the village.
To a point you have to feel sorry for him. The jetty outside of his house had no planning permission so he got into trouble for that not long after moving in. Not sure how that got picked up but it did so he had to apply for the permission. Cost to him.
It does make me wonder who did his conveyancing for him.
gordon mac
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-08-2016, 09:19 PM
June - I doubt that any court would order a dog be PTS for the scenario you describe, certainly not if it was a one off.
However, it could well be part of his planning to cause some sort of trouble with dog walkers - especially as he is by all accounts Anti-dog.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 09:24 PM
I will walk Dillon down there while Gorden is home and there are two of us to deal with it. He does show some prey drive for things that move fast. Whether walking past a field full of sheep or cows and chickens in gardens that we pass. He wouldn't intentionally hurt them but of course could scare them into decline.
He is claiming dog poop is his problem I can honestly say it is the cleanest place to walk or was I do wonder if some of the dog walkers who are annoyed about him have let their dogs foul and not clean up which is not right and doesn't make it any better for the rest of us.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

03-08-2016, 09:25 PM
Originally Posted by tawneywolf View Post
and the poultry were not kept secure but allowed to run around, and I had no prior knowledge that this was going to happen, then I would be up the creek without a paddle and the girls could lose their lives because of it.
Surely no one would want a dog PTS because it attacks some chickens Compensation maybe but surely no action on the dog who is merely trying to get some food for it's 'pack'

Three times in Czechland we had to pay the local farmer when Baruska fancied one of his chickens, under EU law all poultry must be in enclosed areas, but in rural Czechland they run free everywhere including on the roads. It was about £3 each time, never ever any hint that Baruska would be PTS, we think we are so advanced in England but the locals in CZ have a better understanding of animals than we do.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

03-08-2016, 09:27 PM
Thing is they can access onto the road if they want so if they do they will not stand a chance against the speeding cars of the village or the juggernauts.

Oh dear I just stood on the dog. Well his tail he is laid on the patio and it is pitch black out there and I went to look at the glow in the dark pebbles and he was just laying there he shot up and demanded cuddles.
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-08-2016, 09:30 PM
Good evening all
Sorry to have worried you all!!!! Didn't mean too, it was indeed chemo day and around midday I felt vile lol, wasn't sick just felt very nauseous, I then did something I never ever do.....unless it is a dire emergency.....I went out!! I went and bought a new skirt, top and a dress..I am going for coffee with Steve tomorrow just as friends but I want to look different, the comment from my aunty was "get a picture I've never seen you in a skirt" lol
Lynn, I am pleased the council will take action against that numbnuts...man sounds an eejit
LG, sounds a lovely walk
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >