Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 03:56 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Just because if I start feeding him earlier than four (say 3.00pm) its ok for a while but means that if I get home later, he will be back to the same problem. Once a week I wont be in until 4.30pm/5pm
if you dont get until 4.30/5 why not feed him it at 6?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:04 PM
because feeding him at that time means walking about eleven - midnight and would really like a solid 8 hour sleep
Cos the problem is he isnt lasting long before 'needing'
lol bit of a catch twenty two really eh
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:06 PM
because feeding him at that time means walking about eleven - midnight and would really like a solid 8 hour sleep
Cos the problem is he isnt lasting long before 'needing'
lol bit of a catch twenty two really eh
im confused do you walk him at 11 to go the toilet? do you not have a garden?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:11 PM
Yes, I do have a garden but I'd rather walk him for his 'business' tbh.

Basically he cant last as long as he did as he seems to be digesting his food really fast at the moment but I need to get up early and so its getting really tiring having to either, stay up & walk him really late/keep an eye on him in the garden, then get up early or be woken in the night to let him out and have a broken sleep.
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:14 PM
Yes, I do have a garden but I'd rather walk him for his 'business' tbh.

Basically he cant last as long as he did as he seems to be digesting his food really fast at the moment but I need to get up early and so its getting really tiring having to either, stay up & walk him really late/keep an eye on him in the garden, then get up early or be woken in the night to let him out and have a broken sleep.
what about giving a smaller meal in the evening? that way he wont have much to digest, walk him so you know he has pooed then let him out in the garden for a quick wee before bed?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Well, he wont eat enough in the morning to cut down the evening....cant win can I lol

Was thinking break his feeds into three but then I would still have the once a week problem...hmm....looks like maybe I need to make his longer walk in the morning before going out to see if he would eat more...then smaller at night (but I think even if its smaller he would need at same time?)

Why couldnt he just stay like before, that was nice and easy lol
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:29 PM
hmm, you are in a pickle

is his walk in the morning offlead? maybe if he runs about a bit and uses more energy, he will want to eat more in the morning?
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
hmm, you are in a pickle

is his walk in the morning offlead? maybe if he runs about a bit and uses more energy, he will want to eat more in the morning?
yes his morning walk is 50/50 really but I'm thinking I will try taking him double the distance in the morning maybe (but the trouble is thats when you see everyone and thier dog ) mind you I doubt the couch potato will bother himself eating extra even at that - usually he gets in, eats and goes straight to bed he cant wait to get back to sleep
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Think maybe I will try to get him doing more in the morning, then hopefully eating more, then his usual tea time walk, then a feed then maybe walk him earlier but try to get him running more.....I'll just need to see how it goes I suppose!
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2011, 04:53 PM
Think maybe I will try to get him doing more in the morning, then hopefully eating more, then his usual tea time walk, then a feed then maybe walk him earlier but try to get him running more.....I'll just need to see how it goes I suppose!
what about maybe biking with him running next to you in a morning then?
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >