Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
fennash
Dogsey Junior

10-02-2005, 04:38 PM

Husher Muzzle Wanted

Hi there,
Does anyone have a size 4 Husher muzzle they no longer need? I will be willing to pay for it or send off a donation which ever you prefer.
Thanks
Lynn
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 04:44 PM
Whats a husher muzzle??
fennash
Dogsey Junior

10-02-2005, 05:08 PM
Sorry I should have explained. Husher is the make (I think). it is a muzzle made of elastic. it is designed to deter the dog from constant barking, it doesn't stop him from barking but (hopefully) teaches him not to by tiring the jaw muscles. I have a dog who is deaf and barks in the car. I can't distract him or tell him to be quiet because he can't hear me and I am a useless shot with a water pistol especially when I am driving LOL .
Lynn
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-02-2005, 05:21 PM
Oh boy..sounds familiar!!!! If you read the post called 'shock collars' in the heated debate section you'll see why
Annestaff
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-02-2005, 05:28 PM
Thats what you need to try Archer.
CBT
Dogsey Senior

10-02-2005, 05:47 PM
im not a huge fan of these muzzles tbh, any kind of muzzle is a restrictive device, and I would worry about the dog not being able to pant, drink etc properly, and what if it is sick whilst wearing it?

I think an aboistop might be a better idea fennash, they are quite cheap (£40 off Ebay) and dont harm the dog or restrict him in any way)
fennash
Dogsey Junior

10-02-2005, 06:17 PM
Hi CBT,
Thanks for your suggestion. I have actually tried an aboistop on him. The trouble is that he is completly deaf and just got rather worried. The only reason I can think of for this is that he can't hear himself barking and so didn't understand why the collar was spraying him. I don't intend to use it forever and he would only wear it in the car when i was with him. i just need a way of teaching him that there is no need to bark in the car.
If you have any other suggestions i would be very grateful.
Lynn
CBT
Dogsey Senior

10-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Ive just read your post in the other section, It sounds like the husher might be the only option with him being deaf. would be interested to hear how you get on using this muzzle, I havent heard much about them so it would be good to get some feedback on what theyre like
fennash
Dogsey Junior

15-02-2005, 08:39 AM
I said I would let you know how the Husher muzzle was working, it's GREAT. I only use it in the car when I am driving, so Soda is never left on his own wearing it. It has worked a treat. As it is made of elastic he can still bark but I assume that because it takes more effort he gives one little woof and then doesn't bother any more. I am REALLY pleased with the results. I am hoping in time that he will learn there is no need to bark and EVENTUALLY there will be no need for the muzzle but for now as it doesn't worry him wearing it I am going to carry on using it.
If my results are anything to go by I would recommend giving one of these a try if you have a barking problem
Lynn