View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:06 PM
I think that it was a little thoughtless, but perhaps it was just something said on the spur of the moment and it came out all wrong However, with both dogs being on a lead I don't really see what her problem was to be honest.
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:08 PM
I wonder if it was you putting his headcollar on and short lead that worried her. You know that you did that because you were approaching the road but I guess she might have thought that you had done that because you expected Loui to react to her dog?

People say weird things some times, they probably don't think anything of it. My SIL once protested about Max in relation to her baby that 'the DOG might eat her' so I smiled so sweetly and replied 'oh no, I don't let him eat junk food'
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:12 PM
Oh had already just put his head collar and lead on just before she turned up. Maybe she didn't mean much by it but I'm sure if I'd picked my dobe up and said your dog will probably bite his ankles, she wouldn't find it so nice...probably give her a good laugh though
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:18 PM
Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Oh is already just put his head collar and lead on just before she turned up. Maybe she didn't mean much by it but I'm sure if I'd picked my dobe up and said your dog will probably bite his ankles, she wouldn't find it so nice...probably give a good laugh though
Well, if you see her again maybe you should do that. Make sure you've had your spinach though first
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:25 PM
Maybe she wasn't being rude, maybe just nervous and said the first thing that came into her head.

Maybe she was peeved that you didn't get off the pavement (with your big nasty dog) and let her pass.

Maybe she assumed your dog was vicious because it was wearing a headcollar. I've had a few comments (including one from my own mother) about it, by people thinking it was a muzzle...
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
I wonder if it was you putting his headcollar on and short lead that worried her. You know that you did that because you were approaching the road but I guess she might have thought that you had done that because you expected Loui to react to her dog?

People say weird things some times, they probably don't think anything of it. My SIL once protested about Max in relation to her baby that 'the DOG might eat her' so I smiled so sweetly and replied 'oh no, I don't let him eat junk food'

Originally Posted by Dobermann View Post
Oh had already just put his head collar and lead on just before she turned up. Maybe she didn't mean much by it but I'm sure if I'd picked my dobe up and said your dog will probably bite his ankles, she wouldn't find it so nice...probably give her a good laugh though
Well I do hope that you have had lots of weight training!!!
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:33 PM
I would take that kind of thing as being light hearted to be honest. I also would not be offended if someone picked their dog up in passing. There could be a good reason for it. I did last week actually with my little dog, who can be reactive when on a lead. I was walking my Yorkie on her own and she was off lead. I saw a man coming with a German Shepherd on a lead and muzzled. Rather than put her on lead & have her kick off barking and upset the other dog, I picked her up until we passed and then put her down.

So no I don't find it rude is the answer.
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:37 PM
think it would take more than weight training and spinach
Dobermann
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:40 PM
I wasn't actually offended that she picked the dog up in itself, more that I just couldn't believe someone would stop you on the way past to say that.
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2012, 07:42 PM
I think I agree with the others that it was more lightheared than anything. I have said something daft, and walked away banging my head and wondering why on earth I said that! lol. Happens to the best of us lol

However, I do think I might have been a bit taken aback if I were in your position.

Helen
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »