Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by Labman View Post
More to choosing a dog food than reading a list of ingredients.
Are you questioning my choice implying that I havent considered all options??
Trying to workout whether you are insulting me or not?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2009, 08:35 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Well considering his choice of food is a cheap cereal based dry food, and the pup cant have water all night, Id dont think he is in any position to question anyone on their choice of food!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-12-2009, 08:41 PM
im with wainwrights, i find it is a brill food for pepsi, she has normal stools with it. Her coat is brill and she is not hyper with the food either
Labman
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-12-2009, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
I am suggesting you are wise to drop a food with supposably better ingredients if they can't consistently deliver quality.

Just when did dogs start getting good cuts of meat? I find it an indulgent new idea. Most of the last 10,000 years people have had limited meat in their diet. It is only in recent years that modern science has allowed us the abundance of meat in our diets and allowed much for dogs. Where were dogs getting all the good meat in societies where it was scarse? No, they were doing fine on the same offal and grains they thrive on today.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

25-12-2009, 10:13 PM
I am suggesting you are wise to drop a food with supposably better ingredients if they can't consistently deliver quality.

Just when did dogs start getting good cuts of meat? I find it an indulgent new idea. Most of the last 10,000 years people have had limited meat in their diet. It is only in recent years that modern science has allowed us the abundance of meat in our diets and allowed much for dogs. Where were dogs getting all the good meat in societies where it was scarse? No, they were doing fine on the same offal and grains they thrive on today.
What grains can dogs digest?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-12-2009, 08:08 PM

Supposedly NOT Supposably. Sorry just a pet hate of mine.

Just when did dogs start getting good cuts of meat? I find it an indulgent new idea. Ever since they could hunt so....forever?

Most of the last 10,000 years people have had limited meat in their diet. It is only in recent years that modern science has allowed us the abundance of meat in our diets and allowed much for dogs. Where were dogs getting all the good meat in societies where it was scarse? No, they were doing fine on the same offal and grains they thrive on today.
Yep, those men in white coats. Better not question what they say. Fortunately, some people still are able to make their own minds up about things and are not subject to the whims of advertising agencies and a Guide Dog School which I suspect doesn't even exist
Ali
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-12-2009, 03:42 PM
Ive used Wainwrights kibble for a long while now and it suits Obi well. I used to use about a third of a pack of Naturediet to mix in with his kibble as he was fussy about the kibble alone. However after a few suspect packs and the price creeping steadly up I have recently bought the Wainwrights wet food.

Ive only been using this for a couple of weeks, no changes in poo so all good there, too early to see if his coat will be affected, hopefully not though.

All in all happy with the Wainwrights so far
EnR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-12-2009, 04:03 PM
Naturediet doesn't have any added extras like colourings, preservatives or antiwhatsits! There alot of mouldy packs around at the moment, though, so I expect they are getting alot of complaints.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-12-2009, 04:28 PM
I think it is more to do with what your dogs does well on TBH, as all dogs are different. If feeding were an exact science someone would be making a fortune.
My last GSD did really well on Burns - the current one doesn`t, so she gets something else. I assume it`s the same with all dogs.
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-12-2009, 11:21 AM
Since this thread I noticed Naturesharvest too, that is the most expensive of this 'type' of food at PAH, it looked pretty good to me.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »