View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 06:54 AM

Broadband who's the best service provider?

We have been having problems with ntl for a few weeks now. Some of my friends have been having their e-mails to me bounced back to them, e-mails in general seem to be coming in dribs and drabs. I have phoned ntl twice (premium lines) to no avail! They told me that it wasn't their problem and that my account was fine. After doing a few searchs though i have discovered that ntl have been blocking certain i.s.p. addresses as they have been used for spamming! wanadoo and freeserve also yahoo. So to cut a long stary short we are thinking of changing our service provider. Can anyone give me any advice on who to change over too. Thanks.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-09-2006, 07:00 AM
I use AOL.... Touch wood they've been ok for me.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 07:16 AM
I use AOL too no probs so far..

Jules
xxx
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 07:42 AM
Im with BT for my land line and I use Tiscali Broadband- no probs here. I have friends who have lots of problems with NTL and e-mails.
Louie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 07:49 AM
Thanks for that, i have had a look on the AOL website though, and they say you need a BT phone line to use their broadband. Our phone line is with ntl too so we would have to change over completely, not sure whether i want to change our phone line, unless we have no other choice. Will have a look and see what Tiscali has to offer, Zeta charlie, thanks!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 07:54 AM
Tiscali is worth a look- I shopped around 2 years ago and it looked like the best value for money package at that time-i think u can get cheaper broadband than tiscali- problem is as you are NTL you will be restricted in which BBand providers u can use- many like u to be on BT:smt002
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 07:55 AM
We've just gone from NTL to BT and are happy to be away from NTL but comms companies are comms companies and I think it just depends who p****s you off the most!
Zetacharlie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 07:58 AM
Originally Posted by wufflehoond View Post
We've just gone from NTL to BT and are happy to be away from NTL but comms companies are comms companies and I think it just depends who p****s you off the most!
too right !! Ive stayed with BT but I know many people who went for NTL and got p....d off and have returned to BT
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 08:04 AM
there are several sites that allow you to compare different broadband services - here is just one:
http://www.compare-uk-broadband.com/

we have been with eclipse for several years (since its infancy), and whilst not one of the major players, has never given a problem. Prices have dropped significantly over the years - and its rather nice to get a bill where you end up paying less than the last
What is right for and suits me, may not be so good for you though, so it is well worth researching several before committing to a contract.

hth a bit

D.
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-09-2006, 08:19 AM
We are with BT, however we are now moving over to sky as its free for basic broadband and only £6 for a 1mg line or something. We are getting 8 though for about a tenner. aparently they also sort you out BT for you and change everything over.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >