Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 05:07 PM

New uses for a deep fat fryer....

I am trying to save money so instead of putting the oven on for a small meal that takes 45 mins to cook, I have invested in a deep fat fryer which will use far less electricity. Great - some of my previously baked things go in there and are ready in minutes.
The other night I had nothing in the freezer apart from some veg, and I found a packet of that ready made stuffed pasta - 3 cheeses and sun dried tomatoes I think - which normally goes in the microwave but comes out soggy. I had read about the benefits of roasted veg so to put a twist on it (and probably lose all the health benefits lol) I stuck the lot in the fryer, a combination of the pasta with frozen cauliflower, carrots & broccolli, no batter just as it was, drained it well and it was gorgeous - especially with a touch of soy sauce! The broccolli tasted suspiciously like Chinese "seaweed" which I was told once was fried cabbage anyway.
Katiecoos
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-08-2006, 05:55 PM
OMG that sould terirble lol
Adele4dan
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Why is always the things that are so bad for us taste so great!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 12:00 PM
:smt078 I'm sorry but anything fried really turns my stomach, plus it's not good for you
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-08-2006, 12:12 PM
fried is ok now and again but not good for us as well all know ......i love scampi deep fried