Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 10:45 AM

Georgie's vet visit this morning

Took Georgie for his first checkover this morning and I must say I am well impressed with their service. I had a full 40 mins. in with the young knowledgeable vet, who was only to happy to listen to my questions/queries/insurance etc. so all is sorted. The good news is..... Georgie's temperature is absolutely normal, which means the liver hasn't got any worse, although we're obviously not out of the woods yet. I told him about the limp which has gone, and how a lady in the waiting room had told me she lost her dog last year with an enlarged liver (didn't help my case!!! ) and she inherited a front leg lameness just before she went!!!?? Steroids are now out of the window for Georgieboy (yayyyyyyyyy! At last!!!!) and we're going to continue down the AB route for a further month, this will also help the liver, along with the other tablets which are specifically for liver repair. I suggested we have another scan further down the line and he said that's a good idea!

I am now £900 lighter on the old Barclaycard front, well heavier really!, but it's all looking good for my boy. His skin has of course flared up with the clipper rash areas but he gave me some cream for that and he's leaving it alone now.

He has also done a note to the girl who fills in the insurance forms, telling her not to mention any steroids or skin problems, so I should be ok with the insurance claim. It really doesn't matter though, like all of you, we would always find the money somehow to get our dogs better wouldn't we.

All in all, a good morning I think! Cassie was sniffing him all over again when we got back, whilst he just laid down and took it all in his stride, giving me that look!!! He's sooo funny that dog, and so is she, don't know where I'd be without them, they really are my life those two!

Thanks again, for all the wonderful support you have given us this week, it really helps to get through it all, and a special thankyou once again to our Vicki for agreeing with my own instincts to ring that vet straight away Monday night!!!xxxxx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 10:54 AM
Glad to hear he is going on ok, the vets their sound brilliant.
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 10:54 AM
So glad every thing went well at the vet, sounds like you have a vet who listens which is great, £900 quid a small price to pay for your boy lol OUCH ! but your right we'd all do the same, give georgie and cassie a belly rub for me xx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Brilliant news Helen, I'm so pleased he's getting better. Will be such a relief for you. Big hugs from us xx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

13-04-2007, 10:59 AM
Hi Helen so pleased to hear that things are going fine with Georgie. Though your credit card is Heavier by £900, but well worth it as all us doggy people know.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 11:04 AM
Great news, Hun. You're really doing your best for Georgie and it's great that the vet said not to put the steroids down .
xxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 11:11 AM
Excellent news, hope things get even better.
Becky
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Pleased to hear the good news,sounds like you have landed an excellent Vet.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks dori-Katie, I think they are! I like the way they do every test possible when they don't know what's wrong, just like on the telly, rather than just fob you off with a course of ab's!

Thanks Inkleeva, yes a small price to pay to have him back with us

Thanks Jackie I've passed on his hugs!

Thanks Lucky Yes, he could see where I was coming from, and said if they returned it asking more questions, he would just say it was an infection which caused the liver problem!

Thanks Eunice I would be quite well off if I didn't do my bit for the animal world most of my life, but there ya go!!!

Thanks Becky I'm still keeping my fingers crossed, especially after that woman telling me about her dog with an enlarged liver! Maybe she didn't catch it early enough perhaps. We should be ok now that the temp. has stayed down.

Thanks Lynn Yes, very, very professional he was, be it that he was so young. I suppose they come straight from the Veterinary college to one of these places then? It really did remind me of the Vet's programme we recently had on the BBC can't remember what it was called. I like the way they tested for everything immediately, and didn't just fob me off with a packet of ab's!!! You never know, this could have been going on for months, but then I was never recommended to have him blood tested or scanned, just given a steroid jab!!!! Grrrr, I have always hated those!!!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 01:19 PM
glad to here all is going well for yourself and georgie
to you both
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >