Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bribiba
Dogsey Senior
Female 

10-04-2007, 08:45 AM

Blood Donors for dogs

This is Rainbow donating blood for a sick dog in the The Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies, Your dog can become a registered blood donor and help save a life. Contact your vet hospital for details.
BrandieSnap
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 04:43 PM
Well done Rainbow :smt038
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 04:48 PM
I think that this is a excellent idea, I was chatting a few weeks ago to my OH about dog blood donations, I would be proud of my girl to do this one day.

I would be a blood doner myself (I used to do it regularly in university) but I cannot anymore because im on too many medicines.

Well done Rainbow, your a star!
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 05:06 PM
after my tigger needed blood,i asked our vet did she need any blood donors and she said what a good idea,2 weeks ago harvey our boxer was called in to be a blood donor for a working collie he was 11 and had gone into renal failure amonst other things and i spoke to his owner,and we agreed harvey would do it,so on the saturday of we went,but dogs are like ppl and he was nervous never the less they took 400 ml of him and gave it to the collie,but unfortunatley he had other things wrong and passed away, but we were so proud of harvey and our vet done him a wee certificate,as thanks,saving a dogs life with the gift of blood,is as precious as saving that of a human,so everybody think about giving blood if your dog can do it so can you. the dog that recieves the blood needs to be cross matched the next time to check any blood he recieves is suitable,
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Well done Rainbow
Bizzy Momma04
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2007, 09:11 PM
Hello!

Firstly Way to go Rainbow, you look very chilled out whilst doing your bit.

Apparantly dogs, unlike us, can tolerate a blood donation from any group the first time, but after that the blood needs to be "typed", a puppy buyer of mine had litter sisters and the one actually saved the others life by being an exact match to her sister!

Most vets now are asking for blood donors, just ask your vet for further details!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 10:11 PM
Well done Rainbow

and well done bribiba for highlighting the subject
sjpurt
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 10:27 PM
oh well done great on you both