Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 06:46 AM

Morning Dogsey Daily Thread - Thursday

Good morning all Dogsey Peeps

I'm early this morning, been awake since 5.30, been arranging furniture around in my head for that van, and now I need to get online and find a virtual room planner thingie to see how I can fit these sofa's in it.

Bev, thanks for getting in touch with Lynn, and hopefully, she'll soon be back online and we can get up to date with the move and everything, I just hope she's happy in her lovely new home.

Got lots to do today as Dave is home tonight, and he sounds a bit fed up with work again, mainly because of staff, so I'm sure I'm in for an interesting week-end when he offloads it all, but hey ho.

Hope everyone is ok along with the doglets
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 07:23 AM
Morning Helena, Morning anyone who comes in early munching their breakfast

Looks like you have a busy time ahead planned. Hopefully Dave can sort out his employee problem.

It's throwing it down here today, throughly horrible. Brian has given in, our heating has gone on.

Off to work today, then tonight will be busy getting organised for the guisers. I have to carve our pumpkin, cook some of it off for the scalies, as well as cook off the squash and sweet potato I have for them. They haven't tried this so only going to start with a little bit. Worst case scenario I'll make a wee drop of butternut squash and sweet potato soup for us instead.

Got to remember it's bin night too, so need to mind that. Usually it's a habit of putting them out when we get back from cadets but tonight may well be thrown cause there's no cadets
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 07:31 AM
Morning Helena and fellow members,

A dull and drizzly morning here with lots of rain on the way. Late night last night as my two boys were out on a TV show for 'Movember'. They arrived back around 1.15 and I was still awake so had a quick chat with them and then didn't fall asleep until well after 3 .... for no reason I just couldn't nod off. I've got the dentist today at 10.30 to get my new crown fitted ............. yipee and about time.
House work on the agenda today and some shopping for the weekend.

Helena I hope you work out the furniture puzzle in the van and have a nice calm walk with Zena.
Lore - You've managed well not to have the heating on until now ..... ours has been on for some weeks. I think it'll be your turn to batten down the hatches this weekend having just seen the forecast. I hope you get everything done today that you hope to do.

See you all later.
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 07:47 AM
Morning H, Lorraine, Jenny and all

I am working 11 hrs today and then as soon as I get home am mean't to be having a night out at Bingo. I love bingo and havn't played it for years. I found out yesterday 5 mins walk from my house is a local bingo club with really good prizes, the neighbours invited me to go with them and I said yes straight away,
However I am really worried about my mum being in so much pain, not eating and just laying there and yet can't get into the doctors till tomorrow evening. My sister does not work today but said she will just ring them to see how mum is as she is too busy with her horses to pop up there. So I will have to play it by ear as to whether I go out tonight or go straight from work to theirs to help where I can.
I am at work all day tomorrow too, it couldn't happen at a worse time I am really worried about her.

Happy Halloween everyone, have a good day, I had better get moving or I will be late for work.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Good morning all, woke up early today 3am, so got to work rather sooner than I usually do LOL, going to have a mad clean round today need to sort out some drawers as I seem to have lost my mp3 player and I know it's here somewhere !!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 08:26 AM
Morning Lorraine, hope you enjoy a lovely evening with some friends and a pumpkin Hope you remember to put the bin out and you're in for some bad weather, you might find it half way down the road.

Morning Jenny, yes, it's just started here, but thankfully, we went out early and got in a lovely walk before it started, now it's horizontal. Good luck at the dentists, you seem to be visiting him as much as I'm visiting the hairdresser, but I know which one I prefer Hope it all goes painfree which it should do....shouldn't it? Can't remember about my front crowns, they're long gone now

Morning Bev, sorry to hear about your mum. Can't you get the doctor to call round there and see her. I can't believe they will leave an oldie for another 24 hours until SHE can get to them

Had a lovely walk, didn't see a soul, except the aggressive gsd who we know to avoid, so we hid in the woods lol. Very dark out there in the deeper woods but at least it was dry.

I'm going up to the van now to do some measuring and do the change-over and get it ready for next week, because I've now had an enquiry via e-mail for somebody who wants it for 2 months over the winter, luffly, just what I wanted, but of course, it means we still won't be able to get in there to do our thing with the furniture, but there's always February when the park is closed. We're allowed to go to our vans, just not allowed to stay overnight, but then who would want to in February.

Then I'm off to Asda, so I'll do a round trip and won't be back until lunchtime, when I will walk Zena again and have some lunch (yes Debbie I'm a lady who lunches too )

Enjoy your day everyone and I'll catch up later.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 08:50 AM
Morning everyone,

Helena, that's useful having someone who wants the van for two months, should work well for you.

Bev, so sorry to hear your mum is unwell and your non co-operative sister wont help you out when you are working full time. I do hope you manage to get to Bingo tonight, you need some relaxation after a busy working day. Thanks for updating us on Lynn it will be good to get her back in the fold next week then.

Jenny God luck with the dentist.

Malka, I hope you had a restful night with Pereg last night and get some more rest today, God bless.

I think I shall be shutting the lights off after 8 o'clock tonight so I do not get disturbed. I have a tin of chocolates in case but surely all little children will be in bed by then. Have a good day all, God bless.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 08:54 AM
morning one and all - i did a long response on the work VAIO which met with the blue screen of death when I submitted it. So it's hello from Lenovo lol! And no working for me today until I can be bothered with the other one to sort it out. Sunbathing is in order methinks as it is another glorious day but winter must start sometime so I will make the most of the extended summer.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 09:06 AM
Morning all collecting my new car today. Skoda Yeti.
Its coldish here like a Winter morning rather than Autumn. Bella been out and now back I am browsing drinking cup coffee before action stations and Bella watching me from the sofa having eaten her warm Weetabix.
Run round the skip first port of call then drop Percy(my panda) up to my sisters for my niece (who is learning to drive) and then BIL drop me to the garage. Exciting day here. Then back to get the porch sorted and decorated for Halloween callers.

Bev how you describe your Moms condition cannot be good - I would call an ambulance.

Have a good day all.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2013, 09:12 AM
Hellooooooooo!
Drizzly and dark here today
H you are wearing me out with all this furniture moving, please be careful what you are doing
Lore morniing
Jenny good luck at the dentist.
Bev enjoy your bingo, years since I played that, I used to go with my MiL. Hope there is better new re Mum today and that she is in less pain.
Morning Julie
Morning Moyra enjoy you day.
Tang enjoy your sunbathing .... jealous? me? nah!!!
We have been determined not to put our heating on until Nov 1st. We have managed well but we both admitted this morning that we will definitely be putting it on tomorrow
See you all later

Kazz where did you come from!! My hubby will be very jealous, he wants a Skoda but when we were buying, the Mazda, his second choice, was cheaper. Enjoy!
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 > Last »