Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 12:02 AM

Our First Go at Agility

Went to a dog show on Monday where they had a small agility course. Decided to give it a go.

Heres the video of our first ever bash at agility (excuse the really bad handling)!! As you can see Misty loved it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Mp1Z-5J4_o
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 06:32 AM
Wow, your dog did really well, that was great, the first time Jack did agility he slunk of to the side of the ring and laid down after every jump, so you must and should be VERY pleased, are you going to continue with agility? or was it just a one off, I think you should continue!
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 06:57 AM
that was great we, are on week 2 of our course and the dogs are having a whale of a time.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 08:02 AM
AHHH - got a new pc at work and it doesn't let me open any videos - was really looking forward to seeing this
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 01:18 PM
I'd love to continue.

I enquired about doing agility a while back but was told that Misty wasn't trained to a high enough level However after our mini go the woman said she thought she'd do really well & had I considerd proper agility. Shes told me if I do my KC bronze award (which there are 10 week courses in) any club will accept her.

So given how much she seemed to enjoy it I think its something I will deffinatly try to persue, if I can find somewhere local that does the KC Bronze award course.
kyektulu
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 02:15 PM
Aww thats great, I bet she turns out to be a agility course pro, she did really well.

Well done Misty!!!
CLMG
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 02:20 PM
Originally Posted by angelmist View Post
I'd love to continue.

I enquired about doing agility a while back but was told that Misty wasn't trained to a high enough level However after our mini go the woman said she thought she'd do really well & had I considerd proper agility. Shes told me if I do my KC bronze award (which there are 10 week courses in) any club will accept her.

So given how much she seemed to enjoy it I think its something I will deffinatly try to persue, if I can find somewhere local that does the KC Bronze award course.

Funny enough when Jack started he had just past his bronze award, at the agility group we go to they just made sure he could, sit stay, while we walked away, come to comand and not be too distracted by the other dogs there, I mean not want to go of and play with them, and listen to what your trying to tell him, but I suppose, as with everything else each group will differ, also they made sure of things like his vacinations and age, hope you get into a group very quickly, at times it's very frustrating but also very rewarding, and I'm she will have great fun
angelmist
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-05-2007, 04:49 PM
Misty will sit & stand but does not do wait at a distance, also shes very playfull & often can't restst running off too see every dog we pass.