View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-12-2012, 12:59 AM

2013 Giveaway - A Black & Decker Steam Mop worth £79 every month! (Update post #19)

We've teamed up with our friends at Black & Decker to give you the chance to win one of their new Steam Mops - and you have a chance to win every month of the year! Yep, we have a total of 12 to give away

What is the Steam Mop?

The Steam Mop uses ordinary tap water to get floors deep down clean, really fast. Chemical-free, it’s both family and eco-friendly – and delivers hygienically clean results. No cleaning products are needed, just fill up the tank, plug it in and go. Dirt, scuffs and grime are steamed away, leaving no harsh fumes or detergent residue behind. The air is free from harmful toxins, and floors are safe for kids and pets to play on.

How can you get your hands on one?

Beginning next month, we will be running a monthly free-to-enter competition. Each month, one lucky winner will get a Steam Mop, mailed directly to them from Black & Decker

What are the competitions?

Well that's where we need your help and the reason I am announcing the competitions now - because we need your suggestions!

What type of competitions do you think we should run? Photo competitions? Dog poem competitions? Top poster (by total posts) competitions? Something else?

Or maybe a mix and match, where we run a number of different competitions over the course of the year rather than the same competition repeated each month?

If you have any thoughts or ideas, let us know. Just bear in mind the competition will need to be free to enter, and simple enough so that as many people as possible can enter.

Is there a catch?

As these are UK appliances, they can only be mailed to UK addresses/residents. And if you win one, we would like you to come back and share your views about the product - what you like about it, how often you use it, and so on. And that's it - the Steam Mop will be yours to keep!

Here are some photos and a video, and I look forward to hearing your ideas!

Attached Images File Type: jpg bd1.jpg (19.9 KB, 1766 views) File Type: jpg bd2.jpg (30.0 KB, 1330 views) File Type: jpg bd4.jpg (62.5 KB, 1314 views)
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:38 AM
Wow Azz, that is fantastic Well done and to have such a 'blue-chip' name supporting Dogsey

A few suggestions: * Caption competition You/mods submit a photo of your choice at the beginning of each month and you/mods judge the best caption. That would then be fair for members who don't own a camera. If you had a general photo competition there could well be professional photographers out there with 'whizzy do' cameras which would give them too much of an advantage. I think the judging should be by Dogsey and not members, so there can be no accusations of friends voting for friends etc.

I'll come back with some more as soon as I have had a think.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 08:40 AM
If you chose that competition maybe Xmas Cards could be printed or the photos sold to a card company to raise some funds for Dogsey?
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

15-12-2012, 08:59 AM
Sounds like a great idea, and a photo 'caption' would be one of my suggestions, also funniest post of the month, most helpful post of the month, most posts this month, to name but a few. Don't know if I would have time to enter every one but I can provide a UK address if I win (Yes, that is a hint )

Anyway, I definately favour a different competition each month.

Well done on getting Black & Decker to come in on this, in fact well done on getting through to their marketing department, normally they only speak to the likes of Satchi & Satchi
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2012, 09:04 AM
How fantastic is that! Well done Azz for getting such great support for Dogsey!

[Thinks - how can I conjure up a UK address so I can participate...]
Azz
Administrator
Male 

15-12-2012, 03:18 PM
Nice ideas everyone - keep them coming
buglysprince
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-12-2012, 06:51 PM
The caption idea was my first thought you could also do a best sketch there are some good artists on dogsey and could print and sell the winning sketch
best dog joke if you get enough could make a small joke book to sell
best poem
not sure if these are what you are looking for
I think i would have to enter them all i'd love a steam mop hehehe
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 07:01 PM
Azz - a few more possible ideas:

1) Azz as you are exceedingly clever with the computer could you morph photos of different breeds into one dog photo. i.e. head, ears, body, legs, tail. Members can then guess the different breeds and the first drawn at the end of the month wins.

2) List different (unique if there are such things) breed traits and again people have to guess which breeds they refer to. Some traits may be relevant to more than a few breeds so the judges decision is final as to what breed you were referring to. (I know of a new website that is due to be launched which could be good for this one )

3) You describe breeds in whatever way you decide and we have to guess what breed you are referring to.

4) General knowledge quizz on 'famous' dogs.

5) Anagrams of breeds.

I can think of lots of ideas, but they may well be no good, I've just been typing what comes in to my head ....
Malka
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-12-2012, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by jenny.g View Post
...[snip]...I can think of lots of ideas, but they may well be no good, I've just been typing what comes in to my head ....
Which is more than has come into my head!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-12-2012, 07:28 PM
Some great ideas here, - the only one I would be cautious of is "most posts in a month" as that rather invites a great deal of meaningless nonsense at every available opportunity.

Hmmm, sounds a bit like the evening crew in the Daily Thread
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >