Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 09:57 AM

An unusual walking companion

This little fellow hopped and fluttered almost right alongside us over on the wasteland this morning. I'm guessing it has escaped from a cage. Bella was good as gold - didn't pay it any attention at all!

Anniebee
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 11:29 AM
Oh bless it, what a lovely wee bird and a nice change of company!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 01:41 PM
Awwww, I hope it isn't an escapee cos it won't last long if it is will it, poor little birdie.

The robins hop alongside us sometimes on my woodland walks, hopping from branch to branch or just along the ground, and I always like to think they're little messengers (which they are!) so I always think of those who I have lost and the messages they might have for me but then I am a bit daft as yer know.

I found out on countryfile, that the reason robins hop alongside you is because they think we're pigs Strange but true, because years ago, when all the wild pigs were about, they used to rummage through the ground, making an ideal food station for the little robins as they moved on, and so the robins would follow them. I was most disillusioned when they told me that I'm sticking with my original theory on this, because it makes me feel better than thinking I might look like a pig lol!
Lacey10
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 02:26 PM
Does anyone else worry about HELENA sometimes
Gorgeous little birdie
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2014, 02:34 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Gorgeous little birdie
You only worry about her 'sometimes'?

Helena - it probably thought little porky bella WAS a pig!

Alas I am sure it will have flown out of a cage on a verandah somewhere nearby.

The last one was the budgie sitting round the swimming pool - I arranged for someone who has birds to come get it but once I'd given it a drink it flew off.
Jenny
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:08 AM
I assume canaries aren't native to Cyprus Sweet little bird

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
I found out on countryfile, that the reason robins hop alongside you is because they think we're pigs
If that is what you want to believe that's fine Helena
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 07:12 AM
Aw Tang, that's cute. What a bonny wee thing. Hopefully it has managed to get home.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awwww, I hope it isn't an escapee cos it won't last long if it is will it, poor little birdie.

The robins hop alongside us sometimes on my woodland walks, hopping from branch to branch or just along the ground, and I always like to think they're little messengers (which they are!) so I always think of those who I have lost and the messages they might have for me but then I am a bit daft as yer know.

I found out on countryfile, that the reason robins hop alongside you is because they think we're pigs Strange but true, because years ago, when all the wild pigs were about, they used to rummage through the ground, making an ideal food station for the little robins as they moved on, and so the robins would follow them. I was most disillusioned when they told me that I'm sticking with my original theory on this, because it makes me feel better than thinking I might look like a pig lol!
I like it H! Apparently we taste like pork - so I see no reason why we should not smell like pigs - I mean this in the nicest possible way, of course Robins are intelligent birds, so I see nothing strange with the idea of them being able to work out that human beings, and indeed pigs, can ruffle up the forest floor as they walk through the undergrowth
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2014, 02:06 PM
Thanks Nikki, I knew you would see it from my angle, you're always on the same page as me

Ahemm, in my defence, if you go on the BBC nature website, you will see where I got this idea from, it's there in black and white on the write up about robins - honest!
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by Lacey10 View Post
Constantly
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >