View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:15 PM
yes its not the nicest of things for us to go through but its better to have one done you will be alright
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:18 PM
Thank you all,

Stupidly just typing this has made me realise, what I of course already knew, that women do this every day and I'm just a wimp!

I will book tomorrow, well maybe

OK edited to add I will book tomorrow
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:20 PM
dont forget or we will remind you mine is tuesday at 10 to 5
lleonder
Dogsey Junior
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:25 PM
I am the biggest coward, but am more scared of not getting checked and try to go on time for things like smears as it ends up getting into a bit of a cycle when you put it off. I used to need yearly ones so have had quite a few, last one in February. Cant say they are comfortable but I just talk a lot of rubbish to the nurse and before you know it it's over. It is a plastic thing they use now which I have never heard a noise from.
The main thing is you go, and relax. It's like anything you dread, it's never as bad as you think.
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:32 PM
lol Bluemerle lover I have a feeling I will never be able to post again without you reminding me and that's great In some strange way I feel supported.

And I will think of you Tue and want to hear how it went if that's not too much of an impostion?

Thank you all for taking the time to reply and I will try to make the appointment in the morning............... but ..... I have a hundred excuses in my head ready to delay the event
Katrina342
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:38 PM
Please go. It's not pleasant but I have had to have one every six months for the past three years because they found pre-cancerous cells and were able to treat them successfully. To be honest, I don't even dread them now, I'm just thankful that it was caught in time and treated. It's not nice but certainly does not hurt, just remember to try to relax. Take in an MP3 player and listen to music (though you won't get through a full track because its very quick!).

The discomfort does not last for long and the relief afterwards and the fact that you will in all probability get the 'all clear', really is worth it. K.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:44 PM
aww dont worry i will let you know how it goes and i will also remind you tomorrow to make sure you have made an appointment remember its a only a phone call away
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:44 PM
Originally Posted by Katrina342
Please go. It's not pleasant but I have had to have one every six months for the past three years because they found pre-cancerous cells and were able to treat them successfully. To be honest, I don't even dread them now, I'm just thankful that it was caught in time and treated. It's not nice but certainly does not hurt, just remember to try to relax. Take in an MP3 player and listen to music (though you won't get through a full track because its very quick!).

The discomfort does not last for long and the relief afterwards and the fact that you will in all probability get the 'all clear', really is worth it. K.

Thank you for that post Katrina, I had no idea that they could detect pre cancerous cellls, I thought it would be cancer or nothing

So very pleased to hear that you are well and as for an MP3 player I have no idea what one is
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:46 PM
an mp3 player is a music box thingy which you can download music of the net on to it like a walkman but much much better and its very small and compact smaller than a mobile phone well some of the latest ones are
mustards mum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-04-2006, 09:47 PM
Originally Posted by bluemerle lover
aww dont worry i will let you know how it goes and i will also remind you tomorrow to make sure you have made an appointment remember its a only a phone call away
OK "speak" to you soon, although you know my Doctors are very busy and ..............

Ok Ok No excuses
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »