Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 10:26 AM
hiya
what you need is a laproscopy to check as the adhesions don't always show on a scan. The chances are if your mum has bad endo then you may have it too as it is genetic. Insist on a referral, there is no need to suffer like this. Makes me angry ( can you tell????) that we just have to bite our lips and get on with things....
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 10:29 AM
ps my endo is very mild. As the adhesions grow and endo gets worse, the monthly pain lessens as the adhesions eat through and into nerve endings. The milder your endo the worse your period pain can be (that's what my consultant told me), mine was found by accident and I'd suffered for years....actually still do as it's so mild they can't do much....
Malinky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

20-04-2006, 10:36 AM
Exercise works for me, the day before I'm due I do as many sit ups as possible and since I've done that I've went from agonising can't get out of bed pain to next to nothing, if I forget to do it though I still suffer.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 10:38 AM
Originally Posted by Ailsa1
wow, I have so much sympathy with you...my periods are awful, totally awful, thanks to my mild endometriosis...apparently if it was bad it would have killed my nerve endings off and so it wouldn't hurt! Whilst I'm sure exercise etc helps, when I'm at my worst, I can't actually stand up straight which makes it a bit difficult...
Feminax are fantastic, have you tried them?????? If they don't get rid of the pain they ,make you sleep til it's gone anyway!!!!
Not read all replies, I wanted to reply to this one.

I suffered with endometriosis, had 4 or 5 operations (can't remember exactly) and one was to remove nerve endings to reduce the pain.

Will cut a very long story short - was told no children, amazingly have 2, naturally! Have since having my last son almost 6 years ago been on the pill (had to come off due to migraines), the injection for to 3 years, (off that due to moods and other symptoms). For the last 8 months or so have had no hormomal contraception, such a scary concept with my history. I get NO period pains, nothing. Must be due to having no nerve endings in the place that would hurt. I feel a bit moody/tearful a few days before, then that all goes. As the months have gone by my periods have got lighter, and for the first time ever they only last 4 to 5 days - used to be 7 or 8.

I fully understand the pain that comes with endometriosis, not just physical pain either.

For the physical pain I was on Ponstan Forte long term - had regular blood tests as I was on high dosage. Hot water bottle was my friend but the best thing was Lavenday Essential Oil. It is relaxing, when I relaxed it eased the cramps.

I will now go and read the rest of this thread.
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 10:41 AM
As has been said you should not have to suffer - make the doctor listen, pester until they do.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by AlbionLass
Get pregnant?
Get the Depo injection?

Seriously though apart from some super strength paracetamol and codeine or prescription painkillers and a hot water bottle I can't suggest anything. Fingers crossed I've never suffered from bad period cramps. I do cramp up on the day I ovulate ( too much information I know, Sorry) but at least that's only for 24 hours or so.
Lol......joking aside, I used to get awful cramps, had many days off work because of the pain, BUT since having our first baby I've not had any aches/pains at all...........just 2 legged ones now!
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 12:29 PM
god i no how you feel i hope your a bit better today
lillybet
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-04-2006, 12:42 PM
aromatherapy helps try chamomile, comfery, cypress, jasmine, juniper, marjoram, melissa, rose or clary sage. i think a blend of the marjoram and jasmine works best. (even better with a nice massage 2)
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Trish
Not read all replies, I wanted to reply to this one.

I suffered with endometriosis, had 4 or 5 operations (can't remember exactly) and one was to remove nerve endings to reduce the pain.

Will cut a very long story short - was told no children, amazingly have 2, naturally! Have since having my last son almost 6 years ago been on the pill (had to come off due to migraines), the injection for to 3 years, (off that due to moods and other symptoms). For the last 8 months or so have had no hormomal contraception, such a scary concept with my history. I get NO period pains, nothing. Must be due to having no nerve endings in the place that would hurt. I feel a bit moody/tearful a few days before, then that all goes. As the months have gone by my periods have got lighter, and for the first time ever they only last 4 to 5 days - used to be 7 or 8.

I fully understand the pain that comes with endometriosis, not just physical pain either.

For the physical pain I was on Ponstan Forte long term - had regular blood tests as I was on high dosage. Hot water bottle was my friend but the best thing was Lavenday Essential Oil. It is relaxing, when I relaxed it eased the cramps.

I will now go and read the rest of this thread.
Hi Trish,
You are so lucky to have had understanding doctors!!!!!
My consultant told me he couldn't operate on the endo...didn't realise he could cut out nerve endings, but I was undergoing different treatment at the time....
Endo is so awful isn't it? And sooooo0 overlooked by a lot of drs...makes me cross....
So glad yours is okay now....must be bliss!!!!!
Trish
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-04-2006, 12:59 PM
Ailsa, I feel so lucky to be well. I do worry it will come back though.

If you need a rant, feel free!
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >