View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 11:44 AM
She gets them from the paper. She thinks they will be cute. One of the other things is she has 4 kids and at least one of them get attached to the dog, then there are always tears as they are given away. She got one for getting married recently, then they moved so she got rid of her wedding present and got a different dog.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 01:10 PM
It beggers belief doesn't it. I truly think that these people don't see the mind/soul beyond the cute appearance of the dog - if thy did, they could never do what they do.

Originally Posted by Emrad View Post
Where do all these dogs end up after they get rid of them?? My O/H's sister dropped two off at the pound, they were chipped so she got a call that a) the pound is not where you drop dogs off when you just don't want them anymore, b) she was getting the bill for housing them & desexing . Then she told everyone as she couldn't believe they got angry at her .
I did see them rescued by a dog rescue group and up for sale, they changed there names (yes she got cranky that they did that too ). It finally came out off me like word vomit, that why the hell did she care she gave them up to the pound where they could have been pts, luckily they got rescued, she gave up all her rights when she handed them over , so then she wouldn't talk to me
But as for the rest of the 12 I have no idea poor doggies
Unfortunately I think its a catch22 when people don't want their dogs. Many rescue centres won't take in dogs direct from people's homes, or if they do, they make it very difficult to do so. Now I can completely understand why but the trouble is, it just persuades people to dump them on the streets or pass them on to the first person who shows interest, no questions asked.

Its a no-win situation really...personally, like many others, I wish there was a strict test you should have to pass before you are allowed to keep a dog. (mind you, I also think there should be some sort of test people have to take before being allowed to have a child!)
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Its a no-win situation really...personally, like many others, I wish there was a strict test you should have to pass before you are allowed to keep a dog. (mind you, I also think there should be some sort of test people have to take before being allowed to have a child!)[/QUOTE]
I agree with people needing to get tested for both children and dogs. I know one of the rescues around here do take dogs from people, even if they didn't she never even tried. It just makes me think why get another one when it is going to end up the same as the others. Mind you she thinks I am selfish as at yet I don't want kids and even if my O/H wanted one I wouldn't do it (WTF how would she know?? ) . Where I think she is selfish as she has kids and they certainly don't come first, they have seen stuff that would make your hair curl, and she chases after men like they are gold. She is a big drinker and very verbally abusive when she is drunk. Needless to say we have had a few midnight calls of tears and/or abuse from her. And the dogs were always so hungry when we went up there it was appalling (I use to give them food whe she wasn't looking as I felt so bad for them). No longer have contact with her after her and my O/H had a falling out over her wedding (but that is another story ).
duboing
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-09-2009, 02:55 PM
A wedding present?! And what are those kids learning about commitment and responsibility?

To be honest I think these people must have something missingng from their brains. How can anybody spend months/years of their lives with an animal, which is entirely reliant on them, and not even develop enough of a bond with it to think of it as other than an object. Freaks!
Harry25
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-09-2009, 08:38 PM
My next door neighbours took in their son & daughter in law's dog which was a rescue dog. They'd always said they would not have a dog themselves as they are not dog people but then said they didn't want to see it go back to the rescue centre. They've gone on holiday for 2 weeks and their teenage daughter's friend has been staying to house/dog sit. She goes out just after me in the morning 7am and does not come back until after me, so anything after 6pm, so the dog is on it's own all that time. I think it was cruel of the neighbours to go on holiday and leave the dog with someone who is not going to be in all day and also it's cruel of her to go out for so long. Poor dog would have been better off going back to the rescue centre.
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2009, 03:15 AM
Originally Posted by duboing View Post
A wedding present?! And what are those kids learning about commitment and responsibility?

To be honest I think these people must have something missingng from their brains. How can anybody spend months/years of their lives with an animal, which is entirely reliant on them, and not even develop enough of a bond with it to think of it as other than an object. Freaks!
Her kids are learning how to be dysfunctional and that you can be get rid of anything at any time. Does she have a brain???? I wonder .
I don't think she can have a bond with people let alone animals. Five kids, four different fathers. Married a guy she had known less than six months. Broke of the engagement a week before the wedding, ran around with her ex, marriage was back on as she had spent enough money so she thought she should go through with it . Rings her ex all the time, says to hubby the worst mistake of her life was marrying him but he is still there. Just glad she can't have anymore kids, pity she is able to own dogs. And thank god she moved away so she doesn't call or come around anymore .
Sorry to sound so mean about her but just stating the facts, I do actually get on with most people, but as they say I can't suffer fools lightly.
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2