tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 01:56 PM

David Cameron showing his true colours!

What do you think?

TAKE ACTION
No Repeal of the Hunting Act

Sadly, the Hunting Act still seems to be a politically divisive issue. The Conservative Party has been reviewing a lot of its policy in recent months. The Quality of Life Policy Group recently announced its review and while many other recommendations within it have received a lot of attention, it is disappointing to see that the review recommends that a future Conservative government should allow MPs to vote to repeal the Hunting Act.

Conservative Party leader David Cameron has also made this pledge. This would be a disastrous step back for animal welfare in this country, and it would once again expose foxes, deer, hares and mink to the cruelty of hunting with dogs.

Members of the public can comment on the Quality of Life Review. Tell the Conservative Party why it would be a mistake to repeal the Hunting Act.

http://www.ifaw.org/ifaw/general/default.aspx?oid=17846
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 01:58 PM
I disagreed with the ban in the first place and think that the ban was nothing but a way of winning votes.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 02:01 PM
This may have been the case (although i dont agree) But votes were won, because people did not agree with the so called sport!
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 02:03 PM
Unless people have actually been on a hunt , i feel it unfair for it to be critasised the way it has by those that have made up their minds on media hype. The media can and does make things to look good or bad for the publics benefit.
tinkladyv
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 02:04 PM
Originally Posted by Kanikula View Post
Unless people have actually been on a hunt , i feel it unfair for it to be critasised the way it has by those that have made up their minds on media hype. The media can and does make things to look good or bad for the publics benefit.
I have been on a hunt.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 02:06 PM
then your desion is based on what you have done, seen and experienced, most have not. Its easy to say ban hunting when all the facts and figures are not correct and what is shown in he media is twisted or extreme examples.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by tinkladyv View Post
I have been on a hunt.
Have you Tink, which one? I regularly attend hunts and welcome a repeal of the ban, bring it on!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 05:37 PM
I myself have never been on a hunt , so dont feel i have the right to comment either for or against xxdk
hayleybella
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 06:27 PM
not been on a hunt but was against the ban as what happens to all the hounds now and the service they provide to local farmers etc... its a bit bigger issue than saving foxes.
Kanikula
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Originally Posted by hayleybella View Post
not been on a hunt but was against the ban as what happens to all the hounds now and the service they provide to local farmers etc... its a bit bigger issue than saving foxes.
This is true - not only that but i wonder how many foxes have had a slow death due to mismarked shots??

I don see things in black and white, the world is different shades of grey.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >