Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

14-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Morning Vicki and Jackie Seeeeeeee, a smile this morning!!!

Well, you're not gonna believe this, but 5.30 am. they woke Dave up growling, so he let them out the french doors, and they BOTH went hurfing to the gates barking!!!!

He said when she came back inside she went everywhere looking for me and sat at the bottom of the stairs with her tail wagging!!! She hasn't quite fathomed out that I now sleep UPstairs.

So what d'ya think then??? Dave reckons she was so bad yesterday coz the vet really did hurt her when he pulled her around on her hind legs and that lump. She actually perked up a bit 2 hours after having her metacam with her dinner last night and was hungry, so I cooked her some more chicken which she relished! Dave said he didn't care if she has steak and chips for the next fortnight as it really doesn't matter now, so they're BOTH being spoilt rotten as you can imagine with us.

I can't tell you how happy I am this morning with this improvement, yet again. She actually RAN on the green this morning. It's unbelievable isn't it. Maybe we do have her for a wee while longer if she keeps this up.

The lump has oozed again overnight, probably where he stabbed it again yesterday, but maybe that ties in with the immprovement in her, don't know, I'm just happy to see her like this again.

Thanks to everyone for your caring thoughts for all of us, like I said before, I really don't know what I'd have done without you all, and I know you'll all be there for me when the time comes, let's hope it's quite a way off, I am loving every moment with her, not forgetting Georgie of course. She actually let him into her space last night when he dared to lie down alongside her on the floor, awwwww,soooo sweet, he stared into her eyes for a long time, bless them both.

Have a lovely week-end all of you, I know I will now!!xxxxx
Oh Helena, that was the post I was waiting to read
I agree with Dave, give her steak & chips every night
I think we all know that she probably doesn't have that long but while she's able to walk, or run even, and especially if she's eating well, then whatever time she has will be wonderful for all of you.

I'm sure you are right in saying she will let you know when the time comes.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 01:21 PM
Wonderful news Aitch. She's certainly a fighter, and she's hanging on in there..... bless!
Long may it last
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 02:50 PM
Great news about Cassie - have a smashing weekend!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 04:05 PM
Awwwwsw, thanks everyone you reallymake my day at the moment coming in here to read your lovely kind messages!

It's been a sort of Groundhog day again with Cass, and I'm wondering whether it's the fact that I've been giving her Metacam in the evening feed, i.e. 5pm, coz it seems to be about 12 noon each day that she starts going downhill. I rang the vet to ask if I could give her some tonight, but then change to mornings and give her another dose tomorrow morning, but he said not!! He said I MUST change over to the morning feed with the Metacam, but give her NONE tonight!! Needless to say, I've been searching on the net to see if I could possibly go against his wishes and still give her the normal dose tonight, but I don't think I dare really. Dave said we've got nothing to lose, but I'm against it. I did a double dose once when I stopped it for 2 weeks and my vet went ape! In my view though, it was out of her system, and you're supposed to double the dose for the start off dose, so I only did what I thought was right. She survived it though with no ill effects. I suppose I'll just have to play it be ear tonight and if I think she's in real pain, I might have to ring them again perhaps.

The lump is oozing badly again today, so I keep cleaning it with salt water and spraying it with savlon antisceptic coz I really don't want it infected. Mind you, I don't know whether a tumour can get infected

Seems I'm still on that rollercoaster, but at least she seems a lot better today having not been groped by the vet.

Thanks again everyone, and for your pm's, it's so nice to know you're all there for me at this sad time, but hopefully, I think we might have longer than we thought with our baby, I know that's down to you too!!xxx
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 04:44 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Awwwwsw, thanks everyone you reallymake my day at the moment coming in here to read your lovely kind messages!

It's been a sort of Groundhog day again with Cass, and I'm wondering whether it's the fact that I've been giving her Metacam in the evening feed, i.e. 5pm, coz it seems to be about 12 noon each day that she starts going downhill. I rang the vet to ask if I could give her some tonight, but then change to mornings and give her another dose tomorrow morning, but he said not!! He said I MUST change over to the morning feed with the Metacam, but give her NONE tonight!! Needless to say, I've been searching on the net to see if I could possibly go against his wishes and still give her the normal dose tonight, but I don't think I dare really. Dave said we've got nothing to lose, but I'm against it. I did a double dose once when I stopped it for 2 weeks and my vet went ape! In my view though, it was out of her system, and you're supposed to double the dose for the start off dose, so I only did what I thought was right. She survived it though with no ill effects. I suppose I'll just have to play it be ear tonight and if I think she's in real pain, I might have to ring them again perhaps.

The lump is oozing badly again today, so I keep cleaning it with salt water and spraying it with savlon antisceptic coz I really don't want it infected. Mind you, I don't know whether a tumour can get infected

Seems I'm still on that rollercoaster, but at least she seems a lot better today having not been groped by the vet.

Thanks again everyone, and for your pm's, it's so nice to know you're all there for me at this sad time, but hopefully, I think we might have longer than we thought with our baby, I know that's down to you too!!xxx
Hi Helena, when I saw your first post I was so sad that my little bit of magic hadn't worked, but maybe it just got held up in the postal strike eh? It sounds as if you are really being put through it at the moment, its so nice to hear that Cassie seems to be having a good quality of life again, fingers crossed it stays that way for a fair while yet.

I'm probably going against the grain here, and will possibly get told off about it but, under the circumstances, and if she were my dog, I would definately give her half her normal dose tonight, as it wouldn't be fair to risk her having any pain, especially as no-one can tell you how long she has got, I would want that time to be as pain free as possible. What is there to lose, realistically?

I'm not a vet, and wouldn't dream of trying to sway you into doing something you weren't comfortable with, just being honest with you as to what I would do.

Fingers crossed that she stays as well as she has been, you both deserve some extra special luck after whats been happening.

Big hugs for all of you, and that includes Georgie as he's being such a good boy whilst you have been having to deal with this upset.

Sheree xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 06:05 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, thanks Sheree, I'm beginning to think like that too! Afterall, I did read on one of the sites that there's quite a high leeway on this drug to od. Mind you, I have often missed a dose (coz I've run out waiting for a delivery!)maybe for 3 or 4 days sometimes, and I think because she's been on it for a year for her back end, it must be well and truly in her system like other drugs can be? Maybe I'll see how she is later when I give her some more chicken, and if I think she's suffering, then I will go for it, maybe half her normal dose perhaps. Difficult isn't it. I can't really find what I want to know on the net about this, even though I've typed in things like metacam overdose etc. nothing much of any help comes up. She already has the right dose for her, i.e. 40 ml for her 40 kg. weight. By the way, she's only lost 1/2 kg. so far when I thought she was getting quite skinny, so that's also good considering what she's got, coz you always lose a massive amount of weight with that. She did eat her dinner unlike last night, so I don't think she's too bad at the moment, but if she refuses more later I'll make a decision. Thanks Sheree.xxx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 09:11 PM
How is she now Helen? I was so happy to read that she seemed better in herself.
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 09:16 PM
The metacam probably did help a lot, buy hey, if she was back to her normal self for a while, then no harm done

She's going to have her ups and downs, as are you and Dave, but I think that old lady will be with you both for a while yet

Give my Georgie a big hug, he's being so good bless him xx
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-07-2007, 09:21 PM
I don't know anything about Metacam but would it be so bad to give half her dose tonight, as you suggest?
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

14-07-2007, 09:27 PM
im so sorry helena i know how you are feeling, but believe me it does get easier in time. spoil her rotten and love every moment you have with her.

give her a big hug from all of us

ash x
Page 7 of 49 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »