View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:28 PM
Awww...bless lovely Georgie. Don't feel left out, he's been licking your face too. Maybe he just realises Dave is having a really hard time of it at the moment and knows you are the stronger of the two of you! Very clever dogs are! xxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:37 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Thanks A, and I hope today you're a tiny bit better, day by day the pain will ease for us both I hope. Yes, the picture I have in the hallway which I can clearly see from the kitchen, I give her a special kiss everytime I walk past!

Yesterday afternoon I was getting the washing in, and from nowhere out of the sky, floated down a little single white feather which landed on my hand!!!! As I looked up, clear blue sky and not a bird in sight!!! I take this as another sign, she has sent a little angel to help me get through her loss, I just know she did! White feathers from nowhere are a well known sign. I think you've had one now though with that little grunt you heard! Each day at a time mate, and yes, we certainly would be inseparable, not just for the moment either! Take care, hugs for all xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Now thats just freaky H. Yesterday afternoon, when I was mowing the lawn, a white feather floated past me and landed on the lawn...again not a bird to be seen!!!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:53 PM
Blimey!!!! How spooky is that then!!! I was outside with Georgie just now, standing next to a big shrub and there was this gentle rustling in the bush (the night is still, no breeze) Now I know it could have been a bird or something, but I looked inside, and it's only a shrub, not a big tree or anything, but there was nothing there, and it sooooo reminded me of that poem with those words "I am the gentle breeze" or something, that poem that starts with "Do not stand at my grave and weep, I am not there I'm not asleep" Know the one??? Now don't tell me!!!!!! Listen out A next time you're out in your garden you never know......xxxxxx
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-07-2007, 06:57 PM
I know the one, its lovely.
I went tingly then H.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

31-07-2007, 07:42 PM
Hi Helena - Just got back home and read through all the lovely posts from people. Hope you are getting over those traumatic few days last week. It's such a hard thing you had to do but it was surely the only option and one that saved her a lot of pain and distress.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:02 PM
Lovely to see you back Losos, you've been missed! By me anyway! Hope you had a good trip, and thankyou for your kind words yet again. Today has been a bit hard coz it's been one week tonight, so I'm thinking of her more tonight. I still miss her so terribly, but I'm sure she's still around like they all are, I just wish I could see her and cuddle her, but I'm sure you know what I mean.

I've gone a bit "deep" into myself now and I've just ordered a couple of books from Amazon, one by James Van Praaagh called Talking to Heaven and another one by a French woman (forgotten her name!) called "Don't kiss them Goodbye". Might be interesting reading for my current situation, so if it helps don't knock it!

If you're interested A (coz I know you like a good read!) I will forward them on to you after I've read them??? Let me know, I know you're a believer and it might help you too.

Georgie is in high spirits today, and I've just heard from a woman I've never met who knew him from his past life with his previous owner and she's just rescued a gsd and wants to come and visit us. That might cheer us both up! Hopefully, it won't encourage me to go to our local rescue centre coz I'll be in big trouble with Dave if I do, but then again, do I really care???!!!!

Thanks all, I'm still around and getting better, take care.xxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-07-2007, 08:06 PM
Good to see you Aitch and glad you're feeling a bit stronger. We're all still here for you friend xx
Page 49 of 49 « First < 39 46 47 48 49