View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-04-2004, 03:32 AM
I'm glad to hear other people treat their dogs like kids too They deserve it.

Azz, I would advise against letty Rocky on the couch in the future. Buy a dog bed. I regret ever allowing it. Muddy paws wreck things. Look at my couch, either from washing the cushion covers so much or from paws. I bought brown (ugh)
so it wouldn't get stained and it didn't, it ripped. Lesson learned, but it's too late to go back now, but not for you ...

Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2004, 07:54 AM
Well... i've not long been out of bed... and when i finally opened my eyes, there were a a big pair of orange eyes looking back down at me.
He then laid down next to me for a big cuddle... aaaaawwww but still think he wants a companion
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

17-04-2004, 10:41 AM
Awww they both look so comfy on the sofa Barbs! I kno what you mean about laying down the law now tho! I was actually thinking of getting Rocky a 'single' bed duvet and putting that in his crate - It would be the comfiest crate in the world loL! We will get a dog bed tho as soon as this house is 'done'. At the mo we have a big pile of old (but washed) bedsheets which make for a lovely soft sleeping area - which he loves!

Hey Kirsty - I bet there have been times when you thought those orange eyes were a Zombies!! lol

What 'breed' of companion you gonna get him?!!
Alison N
Dogsey Junior

17-04-2004, 11:52 AM
Well I won't even go into where Keeper and Grace sleep suffice to say I need a bigger bed!

I think a lot is down to the nature of your dog, some you can allow to get away with certain things, others you can't.

My old girl, Doris, who I lost last year always had pride of place on the bed and she was a superb girl. I wasn't going to let Grace sleep on the bed but on her first night here I was subjected to the little puppy face peeping over the side of the bed and that was it!
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-04-2004, 01:24 PM
I know all about those puppy eyes you just can't say no.
Bon
Almost a Veteran

18-04-2004, 03:56 AM
I spoil Zoi rotten....she sleeps with me, gets on the sofa and all that bad stuff, but I watched her carefully to see if she could handle these privileges as she is a very dominate girl. I still keep an eye on her. I also talk to her and she has a good understanding of language and I find it makes us closer than treating her just like “a dog”. I am just crazy over her.
I don’t think spoiling our dogs is a bad thing as long as common sense does not go out the window. Even though Zoi is spoiled she still has rules to live by and I make her tow the line.
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-04-2004, 04:07 AM
Tigger sneaks into bed with between 3am and 5am. I wake up every morning to him laying on top of me He won't get up until I do. A few times I've been sick and he's stayed in bed with me ALL day only leaving to go out for a second, then coming back. He's definitely devoted .

Bon, you said it perfectly with regards to spoiling.
Bon
Almost a Veteran

18-04-2004, 04:19 AM
LOL, I don't think I could sleep if I did not have animals in my bed. One night I awoke in the middle of the night pined to the bed by my three cats and Zoi....I could not move!!!
Sarah
Dogsey Junior

19-04-2004, 08:18 PM
What are we all like eh? I love having my dogs snuggle in with me. They are so warm and I love all their little different smells. DelBoy or Daisy can't snuggle for too long and move away but Lennie is unbelievable. He comes under the duvet and everything and there is times when we have had to throw away the covers and he just moves somewhere else on the bed thats warm. I don't know how he can take the heat. I will have to get some pics of him under there.

Azz, my dogs have single duvets and they love them. Comfy comfy. I let all three of my dogs on the sofa but I have throws to protect them. They don't jump about though, just snooze.
Right you guys HAVE to get some more pics of yer babies up. I will have to host mines elsewhere so it might take a while for my pics to go up, or I'll just mail them to Azz!!

Would love to see your rotties Alison.
Bon
Almost a Veteran

19-04-2004, 11:35 PM
I would love to see some pics of your dogs Sarah. I had a Dobie that just loved to crawl under the covers and scoot to the end of the bed, she keep my feet really warm.
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »