View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Barbara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-04-2004, 06:41 AM

Does anyone treat their dogs like children?

I do and I was wondering what anyone thought of this? Does anyone else? I've heard a lot of people against it but I think it's good for the dog's esteem.
Mandy
New Member!

14-04-2004, 10:13 AM
I have 5 human children and yes my 2 dogs are treated like children to
get treated all the time and are a large part of my family
pineridgeapbt
Dogsey Junior

14-04-2004, 10:42 AM
I don't know if I treat them like children. I guess in some ways I do. One thing though, they are part of the family and not disposable.
allison
New Member!

14-04-2004, 10:56 AM
i have three human children who are more like animals than my dogs
i treat my dogs like children too they are so spoilt and pampered, they too are a major part of our family.
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

14-04-2004, 09:40 PM
I guess I treat Rocky pretty much like a child but I do draw the line at certain things like I won't let him sleep on the bed or the sofa, not because I don't want him to but because it may cause problems with him wondering where he is in the 'pack'. It wouldn't normally be a problem I think but as he will be quite a big dog I'd like to make things as easy as possible for all our sakes.

I think once he has matured at about 2 years old or so, I may be more relaxed about stuff like that as his personality will by then be 'formed'. I won't 'spoil' him either (that's cos I wouldn't spoil my kids if I had any either [I'd be such a hard dad lol]! )
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2004, 03:56 PM
Chester is the 2nd dog we have owned... and we treat him like a baby at times.
He sits and sleeps on the leather sofa... and also sleeps on the bed with me at night...
Don't think its a pack thing... he just loves to cuddle up and sleep with us.
But is abit demanding when he wants attention
Helen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-04-2004, 04:41 PM
I think I share the same view as pineridgeapbt. I realise they are dogs but they are part of our family.

Helen
Sarah
Dogsey Junior

16-04-2004, 03:15 PM
I suppose in ways I do treat my dogs like kids. They sleep with us, watch TV on the sofa with us and play with us. I always put my dogs first. If we go out I make sure its not for too long and if it is I give my mum a key to let them out. They get the run of the house and I leave the radio on for them. I love them and they love me like no-one else ever will. They are my dependants so why not treat them like kids. Kids depend on us too. Oh I have a lump in my throat now...................

Sarah
my_boy_sonny
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-04-2004, 06:59 PM
Sonny is my baby boy - like sarah he shares the bed and the couch. Just today he was sleepy so he cuddled into my arms for a sleep.
And when we had to take him to the vet cause he hurt his leg I was so upset in case it was anything serious. I just love my boy.

Sad isn't it

Love sam and sonny
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

16-04-2004, 07:35 PM
I had a lie down on the floor with Rocky earlier as I just wanted to give him some hugs - he really enjoyed it! (and fell asleep!)
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »