Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2016, 06:48 AM

Daily Thread, Bank Holiday Monday, 29th August

Good Morning everyone. He's done it again patio door wide open back to bed with the duvet pulled up around him. I get so cross with him.

He asked me to move my car across the other side of the car park so he could park his new van up close to the house to work on it. I was so cross I asked him if he wanted me to move out all together. Told me I was tetchy, too right I am.

Just had a go at him. He is not a happy bunny now so that makes two of us!

Hope everyone is ok this morning. Lynn hope they get your car sorted once and for all. Also saying a prayer for Gill hope she goes on ok.

June, the man must be a loon to burn all that electricity. Hope the girls behaved themselves last night especially Zen.

Norma, hope all is well with you and your world north of the border.

Nippy Jen, I hope you are enjoying your company.

Griff do hope you feel a bit better today.

Mandy, Sue, Barry, Brenda and Harvey hope you are all ok and have a good day. stay safe and well. God bless.
Mandyuk1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2016, 07:43 AM
Morning Moyra and all who follow,
Moyra I can understand you getting angry with him! So would I! And I'd be taking the patio door keys to bed with me!!
Griff hope you feeling better and managed to sleep last night
June so sorry the man came back
I'm at work later, not really feeling it today but hey ho!
Hope everyone has a good day, meant to be a good one for most of the country
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

29-08-2016, 08:01 AM
Hi and good morning to you all as well.

I had a discussion with Sue last night about the camera equipment I don't use any more. I was keeping my Nikon D300 as a backup camera to my D800 which I now use. Have to admit it seems silly to keep a decent camera and not use it but I am loathed to part with anything, but that is me. So I spent a lot of time digging out the paperwork and all the bits and pieces to go with it.
New day now and it is on a photographic forum for sale, if it doesn't sell I won't be unhappy as I love the camera but technology moves on.

W should be going out for a midday lunch but being a bank holiday no doubt the pub will be full, so more than likely go tomorrow instead.

They do a carvery and reasonably priced but don't tell everyone or we won't get in
chlosmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-08-2016, 08:27 AM
Morning everyone and hope you're enjoying the long weekend!

Not sure whether today's a Bank Holiday here or not, could be because the flags have been out all over the place since last Thursday!

Trying to summon up the energy to put a load in the washing machine but not feeling too enthusiastic as HRH woke me up at midnight, 2.30 am and again at 6.20 am wanting to have a wee but at least we've no wet bedding this morning which is a relief!

A hot 29C forecast for today so I think this afternoon will be spent weeding in the small enclosed garden which is in the shade in the afternoon.

Enjoy you're day!
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2016, 08:37 AM
Good morning everyone

As Mandy says take the keys out of the doors and keep them with you As for the car he is insured to drive dos he can move it surely. Hugs you don't need the aggro.

Poor you Mandy having to work today but doubt it will be that busy if the weather stays fine.

Hope you are feeling better today Griff and that Lynn Norma and anyone else I have missed have a good day.

Lovely and sunny here today after rain yesterday. Nothing really planned other than walking Teazle. Have just picked another load of runner beans so will blanch and freeze those.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2016, 09:02 AM
Morning Moyra and all who have followed and those still to follow.
Very hot here already we walked Dillon early and saw two of his friends on our walk.
A little rescue terrier the only one in the village who doesn't want to eat him, and Henry the old boxer. We met him when we were on our way back Henry didn't want to stop going his way but the lady was worried as it was getting hot and he has started having seizures. We managed to convince him to walk back with us and Dillon but when we had to turn off and he had to continue he dug his heels in and the lady had a job getting him to carry on.

We are thinking of popping out for an hour or two would like to take Dillon but a) do not want to risk running the car even though it does run till we know what's going on and b) it's a bit hot to be making him wander around. We are going to Wicken fen a nature reserve where you can take dogs so we will check it out for a cooler day.
Mark sounds like he will have a good birthday he says he has been spoiled already.

Moyra not sure how don't blow your top at Steve.
Enjoy days out those that are having them or lunches.
Mandy hope works quiet.
Hope all four legged friends and two are feeling well today.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2016, 09:18 AM
Morning everyone!!
Overcast here today - supposed to be sunny later.
Norma808
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-08-2016, 11:26 AM
Morning all that's been and all to come
Oh Moyra don't know how you put up with a certain individuals behaviour I'd have him strung up by his nuts by now how blo@@y inconsiderate
Lynn hope you have a good day whatever you decide to do
Sue love runner beans yummmmm
Tweed hope you get in at the carvery looks a smashing place
Mandy hope works not to stressful
Chlosmum poor hrh do hope she gets over her infection soon will send you over another load of washing
Griff hope your feeling more yourself today
TW how'd you ever manage to sleep with Blackpool Illuminations next door and a barking dog
Gnasher hope the weather improves down your way I'm keeping what little sun there is here
Decorating going ok at the moment well we've not fallen out YET how long that'll last who knows
Hope everyone has a grand day what ever your all up to
Take care stay safe
Coffee break over so better get back before I'm accused of slacking off
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

29-08-2016, 12:22 PM
Don't think Jeff is about at the moment, no barking dog and he's more than likely on holiday. I sleep at the front so don't get Blackpool Illuminations, but I think that is what makes the girls so restless some nights. He also plays what can only be described as 'Jungle Music' at full belt If I make any complaint then its going to rebound on me and ultimately the girls. I am mentioning to everyone who doesn't know, what has been said, and they all say he is a total idiot and they rarely, if ever hear my girls, and when you think of Jeff's dog barking anything up to 9 hours at a time, well into the night, and other dogs nearby barking, whilst mine are silent, it is very obvious he is picking on me and he is a bully basically.
Was on the Country Park with Mabs and Kesh and through the trees came a guy with a GSD and a Malinois, he was stunned by mine and I was in awe of his Malinois so we had a lovely chat.
Also saw this little family, who I haven't seen for a while, and hasn't baby grown up

Very blue sky and the sun is out, cool breeze, but once you're walking its definitely t shirt weather.
Now got a butty and a brew and waiting for the last Red Rock
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-08-2016, 12:30 PM
afternoon all
Moyra...you really need to hi the keys...it will drive him nuts Lol...it is your house and it is quite bizarre that he does that and then goes back to bed and hides under the duvet....seems a deliberate act to wind you up to me...hope i am wrong as it isn't very nice if that is the case
Lynn, hope you have a nice day out
Tumbleweed and Sue, you are right, bank holiday and places go nuts, i was off out today but when we realised it was bank holiday we postponed
Norma, good luck with the decorating...don't fall out until you are finished!!!
Mandy, good day at work, hopefully the loons will stay home, bank holiday always fetches out the weirdos
Chlosmum, have you tried a cranberry tablet with HRH? my urologist put me on them...might be worth asking the vet?
Gnasher, hoping the sunshine has arrived for you by now
Mum and dad are due back today, have been busy, managed to cut the grass....not a massive area but my god, i was struggling! i forgot the nothing strenuous bit Lol, will run the hoover round, have done the kitchen floor and only a couple of things to wash up so should get chance for a bit of a sit in the back garden...unless i find something else to do Lol, whatever it is though will have to wait while after red rock...an't miss that Lol
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »