Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
VanillaPaws
New Member!
Female 

29-02-2016, 12:06 PM

Dogs on Ice

I heard on TV that there was a mouse that they froze and ten years later they let it out and it was running around as usual... Do you believe something like that could happen to all animals? How do you feel about it?
-
I feel like it's not really nice actually. Doesn't the animal have to eat? And doesn't it get cold?
They are thinking about doing it to humans and other animals like dogs...so I hope everything will go okay. They want to let the human out 100 years later...they will stay the same age and *might* be alive and act how they usually act.

What do you think about this?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

29-02-2016, 12:17 PM
It's called cryonics - and I am all for it

Bodies are 'preserved' just after someone is declared dead - which doesn't actually mean the person is 'dead' because cells remain 'alive' for some time after.

The idea is technology will one day be available to 'fix' and bring back from near-death the person (or animal) who was preserved.

I think it is a fantastic idea. There's little that is more precious than life.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-02-2016, 01:31 PM
Imagine waking up 100 years from now. No job, no family, no friends and nothing familiar. Technology way out of your league, travel, transport, even perhaps eating habits all alien.

Far more cons than pros in my opinion
CaroleC
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-02-2016, 02:25 PM
Just donate your organs, and let your cells live on that way!
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-03-2016, 09:03 AM
There is a film about this with Mel Gibson called Forever Young. Not sure about this myself but a lot of animals when hibernating survive without food for along time. So who knows.?
NickyAnn
Dogsey Senior
Female 

22-05-2016, 10:33 PM
Originally Posted by VanillaPaws View Post
I heard on TV that there was a mouse that they froze and ten years later they let it out and it was running around as usual... Do you believe something like that could happen to all animals? How do you feel about it?
-
I feel like it's not really nice actually. Doesn't the animal have to eat? And doesn't it get cold?
They are thinking about doing it to humans and other animals like dogs...so I hope everything will go okay. They want to let the human out 100 years later...they will stay the same age and *might* be alive and act how they usually act.

What do you think about this?
Do you believe everything on TV?
LauraK
New Member!
Female 

20-07-2017, 01:49 PM
Well the problem is that no one knows whether these people or animals frozen in cryogenics will wake up okay....so for now I wouldn't bank on it until medical technology advances significantly