Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Bitkin View Post
Oh - and I believe that Pedigree Chum pulled out of sponsorship for the same reasons, although I have not looked into this one to verify why they scarpered.
Who sponsers it now?
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:26 PM
DFS sponser it now!
Bitkin
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Originally Posted by akitagirl View Post
Who sponsers it now?
Don't know, although a quick google reveals DFS as the main sponsor.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Ah right, yes that rings a bell. A bit random though.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by x-clo-x View Post
oh god taking them outside!!! daphni stepped in oil last time, and i had so much fun trying to get that off her
what you mean your dog isnt tied to a bence all day and still there hours after the show finishes?

I find it damn right rude that someone would suggest people showing at crufts are '' subject their beloved pet to that kind of torment ''..
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Actually, in their defence some of the main sponsors are very good.

Arden Grange are the only dog food who are entirely test free and Samsung do heaps to sponsor animal welfare and I think they have an assistance animal set up.

This bit on their homepage is hilarious -

''Vet checks for high profile breeds at Crufts 2012 and Championship Shows thereafter

The Kennel Club has announced that all dogs of the fifteen high profile breeds which win Best of Breed at Crufts 2012 and at General and Group Championship Shows after that, will need to be given a clean bill of health by the show veterinary surgeon before their Best of Breed awards are confirmed and before they are allowed to continue to compete at the show. This requirement is designed to improve canine health and protect the sport of dog showing.''

Riiiiiight. So only the winning dogs will be checked and by their own vet. Worth it!
spockky boy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:31 PM
Personally I don't mind it, a few people I have seen have made me cringe, but it is the same where ever and what you go or do. I tend to go for the agility/flyball and shopping... and see the lovely doggies!!
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:32 PM
I love & hate crufts,

hate the crowds & the numpties

Love the excitement, the walking in down fom the car parks, by the lake. dragging all the stuff down-falling off the trolley!
Love the prep, grooming, packing, making cards etc

HATE the dog poo on the way in.
& the guards when trying to get your friends in early.

Love the obedience especially! 4 days of comps!!!!

StALLS/shopping can get a bit much

Love sitting on my bench with my dog! just enjoying the atmosphere.

HATE the NEC door guards that wont let you out through the nearest door for a decent bit of grass!

I really like the group judging too
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
I find it damn right rude that someone would suggest people showing at crufts are '' subject their beloved pet to that kind of torment ''..
My 2 would find it torment! But I'm guessing show dogs just get used to it?
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

26-01-2011, 07:33 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
Actually, in their defence some of the main sponsors are very good.

Arden Grange are the only dog food who are entirely test free and Samsung do heaps to sponsor animal welfare and I think they have an assistance animal set up.

This bit on their homepage is hilarious -

''Vet checks for high profile breeds at Crufts 2012 and Championship Shows thereafter

The Kennel Club has announced that all dogs of the fifteen high profile breeds which win Best of Breed at Crufts 2012 and at General and Group Championship Shows after that, will need to be given a clean bill of health by the show veterinary surgeon before their Best of Breed awards are confirmed and before they are allowed to continue to compete at the show. This requirement is designed to improve canine health and protect the sport of dog showing.''

Riiiiiight. So only the winning dogs will be checked and by their own vet. Worth it!
Are you aware how many dogs show at crufts...If the vet checked all dogs, we really would be there for 12hours - something you stated was wrong

Checking over the winners, is a step forward and means only them in top health ect can gain top placings...
Page 3 of 103 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 53 > Last »